Sign in with
Your question

Should I return this psu?

Last response: in Components
November 13, 2012 8:36:06 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I'm using it on my phenom ii x4 965 be and xfx radeon 6850 build. Should I return it if I'm using it for gaming? My friend has one and he has been using it for months now and he plays games on his computer (llano 3.0ghz and radeon HD 6790).

More about : return psu

a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 9:00:56 PM

Well I myself am not a fan of most Rosewill power supplies, there are good ones like the HIVE series but that one in particular is nothing special. I believe it is based on an older design and Rosewill did have low quality materials in their power supplies once upon a time. Anyways if you do return it do you get 79.99? or 49.99? Need to know the price to suggest you a better power supply. I usually go for XFX, Antec, Corsair, OCZ, Seasonic, PCP & C etc.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 9:46:16 PM

Hi :) 

Return it for what reason ???

Is it faulty if so return it....

If you just changed your mind I seriously doubt they will refund you....particularly as its used...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 9:49:20 PM

Oh yes forgot to ask if it was defective :lol: 
Anyways I believe Newegg will give you a refund but they may charge you a re-stocking fee which I believe is 15%
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 9:57:42 PM

socialfox said:
Oh yes forgot to ask if it was defective :lol: 
Anyways I believe Newegg will give you a refund but they may charge you a re-stocking fee which I believe is 15%

Seriously ?

I don't know much about Newegg but in the UK if a PSU had been used for say one month and not faulty, you would have NO chance of ANY refund at all...

And in my shops even 1 day of use would be no refund if not faulty...

m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 10:00:51 PM

Yep I know that is pretty nice for North America but if you ask me you kind of lose big time when you lose 15% on a power supply when you return it that you did not really use that much (less than a week).

Anyways I copied this from the FAQ:

Any return for a refund may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. This fee may be waived for the following reasons:

Carrier damage
Defective product
Product does not match advertising
Received incorrect product
Product was an extra item not ordered

Note: Any return that is misrepresented as being for any of the above reasons will automatically have the restocking fee applied even if it was initially waived.

Here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6
m
l
November 13, 2012 11:36:00 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Return it for what reason ???

Is it faulty if so return it....

If you just changed your mind I seriously doubt they will refund you....particularly as its used...

Sorry I didn't clarify. I have a friend that owns this psu and really likes it. It has a 72% efficiency rate, which I've heard is bad. I studied this psu to make sure it was good. Some people are saying that this psu cannot work well past 432 watts. I'm just wondering if this is true, if I should get a better one or what. I'm trying to make a budget gaming build and was told not to skimp on the psu and it was $60 before the sale. My budget is ~$650 w/ keyboard, mouse and monitor.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 11:40:51 PM

^Want to state your entire build? We can find a good power supply that suits your build's wattage needs without going over the top.
m
l
November 13, 2012 11:49:11 PM

socialfox said:
^Want to state your entire build? We can find a good power supply that suits your build's wattage needs without going over the top.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nw7R
I'm not really planning on overclocking really.
m
l
!