Goblin or Gnomish Engineeriing

Hi Folks,

WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering. I will do some
research to see the pro's and cons of both specializations. I was curious
if the forum had any thoughts on Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering
specialization.

Rumbledorf (thunderhorn)

roscoe

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2001

"feides" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
> WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
> priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering. I will do
some
> research to see the pro's and cons of both specializations. I was curious
> if the forum had any thoughts on Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering
> specialization.

Heh. I'm almost ready to make the decision as well. I'm leaning toward
Gnomish, as I'm a gadget kinda guy, but the likelihood of devices backfiring
disturbs me. I'd like some input from experienced engineers as wel!

Thanks,

Pepperin

"Roscoe" <gjhhjsgh@gjjhj.net> wrote in message
> "feides" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
>> WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
>> priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering. I will do
> some
>> research to see the pro's and cons of both specializations. I was
>> curious
>> if the forum had any thoughts on Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering
>> specialization.
>
> Heh. I'm almost ready to make the decision as well. I'm leaning toward
> Gnomish, as I'm a gadget kinda guy, but the likelihood of devices
> backfiring
> disturbs me. I'd like some input from experienced engineers as wel!

Goblin jumper cables XL (the new ones) require goblin engineering to make.

"Roscoe" <gjhhjsgh@gjjhj.net> wrote in message
> "feides" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
>> WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
>> priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering. I will do
> some
>> research to see the pro's and cons of both specializations. I was
>> curious
>> if the forum had any thoughts on Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering
>> specialization.
>
> Heh. I'm almost ready to make the decision as well. I'm leaning toward
> Gnomish, as I'm a gadget kinda guy, but the likelihood of devices
> backfiring
> disturbs me. I'd like some input from experienced engineers as wel!

Use the devices in PVP for fun. But goblin jumper cables and the field
repair bot will make you more useful in a party or raid.

"porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> > Heh. I'm almost ready to make the decision as well. I'm leaning toward
> > Gnomish, as I'm a gadget kinda guy, but the likelihood of devices
> > backfiring
> > disturbs me. I'd like some input from experienced engineers as wel!
>
> Use the devices in PVP for fun. But goblin jumper cables and the field
> repair bot will make you more useful in a party or raid.

Not sure about the field repair bot, but Goblin Jumper Cables are available to
all engineers regardless of which sub-school they take. I suspect both are
available to everyone.

For myself, I went with Gnomish engineering. I may use the devices
infrequently, but I don't use explosives at all.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

feides wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
> priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering. I will do some
> research to see the pro's and cons of both specializations. I was curious
> if the forum had any thoughts on Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering
> specialization.
>
> Rumbledorf (thunderhorn)

I've asked myself the exact same question, and seeing as my character
(holy priest) lacks AOE attacks, I've taken the Goblin path. The goblin
dragon gun is really fun :) It's on a 5 minute cooldown, so you can use
it regularly if you want. The mortar has too short range, and recharging
it every 6 uses makes it a bit painful. Now goblin sapper charges...
it's a blessing if you have ways to mitigate the damage done to
yourself. I use those whenever I can afford (PVP mostly), instant crit
for 1200-1300 damage in a 10 yards radius, makes me feel good when
zerged by millions of astranaar guards, especially when I finish them
with the goblin dragon gun (AOE DOT, 61 damage per tick for 10 seconds,
*can crit*) :) Goblin engineer is mostly for showing off purposes.
Remember, you can still use gnomish non-bind on pickup items!

Now the utility items (goblin rocket helm and boots), I haven't tested
them yet.

Big warning: Goblin engineer is currently bugged. If you haven't got
access to Runecloth some way or another, you can't complete the quest at
all: it requires 30 runecloth instead of 20 silk because of a bug in the
schematics for solid dynamite introduced in the last patch. That bug
should be fixed in the next content patch (battlegrounds).

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>

>> > Heh. I'm almost ready to make the decision as well. I'm leaning
>> > toward
>> > Gnomish, as I'm a gadget kinda guy, but the likelihood of devices
>> > backfiring
>> > disturbs me. I'd like some input from experienced engineers as wel!
>>
>> Use the devices in PVP for fun. But goblin jumper cables and the field
>> repair bot will make you more useful in a party or raid.
>>

> Not sure about the field repair bot, but Goblin Jumper Cables are
> available to
> all engineers regardless of which sub-school they take. I suspect both
> are
> available to everyone.

Not the XL version.

> "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote in message

>>> Use the devices in PVP for fun. But goblin jumper cables and the field
>>> repair bot will make you more useful in a party or raid.
>>>

>> Not sure about the field repair bot, but Goblin Jumper Cables are
>> available to
>> all engineers regardless of which sub-school they take. I suspect both
>> are
>> available to everyone.
>
> Not the XL version.

I've just found the XL version in the AH, requires Goblin engineering. Which
is a shame since I went Gnomish. Doh!

> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> >> Not sure about the field repair bot, but Goblin Jumper Cables are
> >> available to
> >> all engineers regardless of which sub-school they take. I suspect both
> >> are
> >> available to everyone.
> >
> > Not the XL version.
>
> I've just found the XL version in the AH, requires Goblin engineering. Which
> is a shame since I went Gnomish. Doh!

Well that blows. I took gnomish myself, and have made nothing from it so
far.

What's the upgrade over normal Goblin Jumper Cables?

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

"feides" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> WoW is easy until you are forced to make tough decisions lol. My dwarf
> priest is at one of those forks with respect to engineering.

Im an undead priest engineer and went gnomish mostly because I wanted the
battle chicken who's not all that exciting really. However PW:Shield does
absorb the damage that gets self-inflicted by the gnomish death ray so
theres a plus to being gnomish.

> Well that blows. I took gnomish myself, and have made nothing from it so
> far.
>
> What's the upgrade over normal Goblin Jumper Cables?

I heard a figure of 30% with normal cables, 50% with XL.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

>> Not the XL version.
>
> I've just found the XL version in the AH, requires Goblin engineering.
> Which is a shame since I went Gnomish. Doh!

Requires Goblin to *make*, but any engineer at 300 can *use* them.

IOW, get a guildie to make you the cables, then feel free to use them
regardless of your specialization.