hunterpostit88

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
So I finished my PC just to get the stupid no signal on my monitor. I made sure all my PSU wires were in tight. All fans start and the disc drive will open/close. The Dr.Debug on my mobo(ASRock 770iCafe) shows the "00" and doesn't change. RAM and GPU is in tight and perfect. I use the DVI to VGA and it didn't work. Then I used the HDMI and that also was a failure. I have to power my monitor through the GPU because my mobo has no onboard graphics. I don't know if it's mobo or GPU. The mobo was the worst packaging I've ever seen. There was no bubble wrap(or anything) protect the exterior of mobo box and the anti-static bag wasn't taped up and hanging out of the opened mobo box.
Specs:
FX-4100 3.6GHz(3.9 in turbo boost)
ASRock 770iCafe
EVGA GTX 560SE
Cooler Master Elite 311
250Gb HDD(2)
8GB Crucial Ballistic 1333MHz RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
LG DVDRW 24x
Keyboard/Mouse USB

hunterpostit88

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
GPU is plugged in great. My friends tend to use the intel processors. Seems as though I'm the only guy who uses AMD. The box was mobo was new on newegg. It says 8 core CPU ready so I'm presuming it supports FX-4100 if it can support the FX-8100. How do I see what version my bios is if I can't get signal on my monitor?

g-unit1111

Titan

It should say on the box what motherboard revision it is. I'd suggest contacting Asrock to see what they recommend doing.

depending how long it was sitting in the warehouse it could have the first bios installed or one or two rev lower then you need.
most time near the cmos chip or next to the ser# of the mb the good mb vendor toss a bios rev sticker. you may want to see if the mb is posting to a point where you can force a bios flashback. download bios that is needed to boot the mb with your cp and unzip it to a usb stick and cd-rom. plug the usb stick and cd-rom in and power up the pc. if your lucky the bios recovery may work and the mb may flash itself. on some mb like my sabertooth they have a built in usb flashback built into the mb.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
have you ever got it to start up if not keep trying it could be a driver issue... my old computer had a hd radeon 6770 and every 1-10 startups i would atcually detect my monitor so i updated the drivers off the website and the problem stopped be sure to keep trying and if it works update off the website. also do the fans on the gpu start spinning or does nothing work at all?

hunterpostit88

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
All fans that I have(CPU,GPU, Rocketfish 120mm, Pre-installed 120mm) all start spinning so there is power to the GPU. I've tried about 40 times to get this thing started. I guess i'm going to a computer shop:(