rattleglans

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I recently (about two months ago) built myself a new gaming rig, and put a 560 Ti with 2064MB of GDDR5 RAM. Everything has been running smoothyl except for one crash, until three days ago. I recieved the blue screen error from Windows 7. Nothing to worry about, I figured, unless it continues. The next night, I crashed while playing a game. The screen became purple fuzz and I could not make out what I was doing. I originally thought it was the program crashing, but my rig because unresponsive. I once again blew it off in hopes nothing was wrong, but last night, I went to sleep and woke up to the same type of screen with the Skype call I was in when I fell asleep. I just updated to 296.10, and I think that may be it, but I need to get the communities opinion. Hopefully it is the drivers, and I have heard that it may be, but I want to make sure. Otherwise I'll need to be RMAing this card soon. Thanks!

maui67

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
The quickest way to determine if it is the drivers is to uninstall the 296.10 drivers and reinstall the driver revision you were using prior to updating. If the card works fine then Yes it was the drivers. If the problem(s) still exist then there is another issue.

What PSU are you using?

rattleglans

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I'm using a mushkin 850W PSU. Forget the exact model and I'm at work at the moment. Anyway, I know that I should uninstall the drivers, but then I have to wait a few days to find out what the issue is. I wsa going to attempt to figure it out without having to do so by seeing in anyone else has had the same issues as me.