Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need cpu to finish build

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 14, 2012 12:38:26 AM

still need a cpu and mobo to finish off build, any suggestions? have about 130$ to spend on cpu but why spend it all if its not going to make a huge difference in mmorpgs like gw2 wvw.

current build.

ram- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

case- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

hard drive- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

gpu- PowerColor AX7850 2GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

psu- Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply

More about : cpu finish build

November 14, 2012 12:42:53 AM

btw thinking about

AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4170FRGUBOX
104$
m
0
l
November 14, 2012 4:57:08 AM

funkygrunt017 said:
still need a cpu and mobo to finish off build, any suggestions? have about 130$ to spend on cpu but why spend it all if its not going to make a huge difference in mmorpgs like gw2 wvw.

current build.

ram- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

case- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

hard drive- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

gpu- PowerColor AX7850 2GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

psu- Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply


You can go for an amd cpu (vishera) not zambezi. Bulldozer isnt much good but piledriver would work well in yoru budget i think the 6300 is 150 which is 6 cores so if you can whop out $20 you got a very nice budget cpu
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2012 5:01:11 AM

funkygrunt017 said:
btw thinking about

AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4170FRGUBOX
104$

if you want to play gw2, buy an intel cpu as any AMD cpu will get less performance than even extremely cheap intel cpus. The i3 3220 would be pretty good for the build.
m
0
l
November 14, 2012 5:03:12 AM

esrever said:
if you want to play gw2, buy an intel cpu as any AMD cpu will get less performance than even extremely cheap intel cpus. The i3 3220 would be pretty good for the build.


Not all amd performances get less performance the pd 8320 and 8359 get equal performance as the 3570 so please know your facts
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2012 5:13:55 AM

hbeduryan818 said:
Not all amd performances get less performance the pd 8320 and 8359 get equal performance as the 3570 so please know your facts

not in guild wars 2 which is what I was talking about...
m
0
l
November 14, 2012 11:41:12 PM

esrever said:
if you want to play gw2, buy an intel cpu as any AMD cpu will get less performance than even extremely cheap intel cpus. The i3 3220 would be pretty good for the build.



i need to be able to fit both a mother board and cpu into budget, i can spare maybe 100$ on the cpu, with 60 on mobo
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2012 11:53:19 PM

get the 1gb 7850 if you are looking to save money and get at least a i3 2100.
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 12:01:39 AM

funkygrunt017 said:
still need a cpu and mobo to finish off build, any suggestions? have about 130$ to spend on cpu but why spend it all if its not going to make a huge difference in mmorpgs like gw2 wvw.

current build.

ram- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

case- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

hard drive- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

gpu- PowerColor AX7850 2GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

psu- Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply


The 3rd gen i3 would be a great choice it still has fine performance and most of these are better than most amd processors.

Also 130$ is just for the cpu you forgot a key component the motherboard... a simpler h67 or even z77 would be fine for this build but the i3 & mono together will cost more than 130$ just pointing this out incase you did not realize

Recommended: i3 2100 and an h67m incase you only have a 130$ budget for both

Best of luck with your build!
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 12:15:33 AM

why have i seen no amd cpus?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 15, 2012 3:32:16 AM

m
0
l
!