A few questions

Miscellaneous, rambling questions from someone who's only had an hour here
or there to play the past few weeks.

1. Is there a meeting stone for the Sunken Temple? If so, where?

2. I'm lvl 46 right now, is that too high for exp in Scarlet Monastery?
Only managed to hit this once quite awhile back, and wanted to go back, but
not if there's no exp.

3. Is there a Horde outpost in the Hinterlands? Couldn't seem to find one,
but wanted to check.

4. Besides the guy in Stonard, are there any other Horde friendly vendors
selling high level potion recipes?

Thanks all,

Auriga - 46 Tauren Shaman on Windrunner
and a few other alts, including lvl 1 MuleAuriga

1. Not sure. Sunken Temple only has really good cloth drops. Unless
there's something specific you're looking for, I'd only do it for the
quests. That said, you're a shade low for Sunken Temple.

2. Nope. You're actually, approaching the high end. At 48, you're ready
for ZF and Uldaman.

3. Not that I'm aware of. There's not an Alliance one, either. The
Windhammer Clan outpost on the west side is a neutral one that you
should be able to use.

4. I don't know. For some reason, the horde vendors get upset when I
try to buy anything from them. ;-) Check out www.thottbot.com and see
what comes up.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]

dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:
> 1. Not sure. Sunken Temple only has really good cloth drops. Unless
> there's something specific you're looking for, I'd only do it for the
> quests. That said, you're a shade low for Sunken Temple.

The meeting stone for the temple is in one of the corners of the
gazebo (the entrance area around where you enter the tunnel to
go underground). I searched that whole area pretty thoroughly
recently looking for mossy chests to skill up my lock picking.

> 2. Nope. You're actually, approaching the high end. At 48, you're ready
> for ZF and Uldaman.

My horde rogue is 41 now and I noticed that there were things
I wasn't getting XP for the last time I was in the Monastery -
especially in the graveyard. At 46 I'd be surprised if there
was anything in there that still gives XP.

> 3. Not that I'm aware of. There's not an Alliance one, either. The
> Windhammer Clan outpost on the west side is a neutral one that you
> should be able to use.

Having visited the Windhammers just a couple days ago I can
attest to the fact that this is absolutely NOT TRUE. The guards
are bright red and one of them chased me out into the valley
where a series of 3 razorbeaks cleaned my clock. Hinterlands
is a LOT friendlier for Alliance than it is for Horde. I
have some hopes that I might be able to buy schematics from
the engineering vendor in the hills NE of Que'Danil lodge,
but aside from that I'm not aware of any havens.

> 4. I don't know. For some reason, the horde vendors get upset when I
> try to buy anything from them. ;-) Check out www.thottbot.com and see
> what comes up.

Thottbot is a great resource - it shows you what's out there,
and whether each is a drop or vendor, and either what vendor
or what mobs have supplied the thing you're interested in.
But I'm an alchemist myself and I've not noticed that many
recipes circulating around outside the auction house in
Orgrimmar. The upper end of most professions gets tough, and
alchemy is no exception in that regard. I was lucky on my
road to 275 that I found a stack of 18 Arthas Tears that some
kind soul had posted in the AH with a 1G buy-out. 18 Detect
Demon potions later (all of which were sold as vendor trash)
I was able to learn my arcanite transmute.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:
> 2. Nope. You're actually, approaching the high end. At 48, you're ready
> for ZF and Uldaman.

Agreed. That said, plenty of 60s still do Monastery runs for the loot.

> 3. Not that I'm aware of. There's not an Alliance one, either. The
> Windhammer Clan outpost on the west side is a neutral one that you
> should be able to use.

More to the point, there is an inn at Aerie's Peak. However, I don't
think it's available to the Horde; certainly the gryphon point there
is not.

In any case, the forthcoming patch will add a graveyard (benefiting
all) and a Horde outpost and flight path point to the eastern
Hinterlands.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 1.9% us, 1.0% sy, 0.3% ni, 95.2% id, 1.5% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

"Nathan Engle" <nengle@indiana.edu> wrote in message

(Scarlet monestary at 46, too high?)

> > 2. Nope. You're actually, approaching the high end. At 48, you're ready
> > for ZF and Uldaman.
>
> My horde rogue is 41 now and I noticed that there were things
> I wasn't getting XP for the last time I was in the Monastery -
> especially in the graveyard. At 46 I'd be surprised if there
> was anything in there that still gives XP.

At 46, only the cathedral will really be green. Perhaps part of the armory.
The rest will be gray.

At 48, I can solo everything there except the final two bosses, but only half
of the cathedral gives any exp at all.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

On 20 May 2005 11:30:44 -0700, dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:

>3. Not that I'm aware of. There's not an Alliance one, either. The
>Windhammer Clan outpost on the west side is a neutral one that you
>should be able to use.

They may be neutral to alliance, but they are rather hostile towards
horde, and you also have a flight path there... I think we can safely
call Aerie Peak an alliance town.

This is also going to be reinforced. From the test server patch notes:
**
The Wildhammer Clan in the Hinterlands is now a peaceful faction to
the Alliance, meaning Alliance players cannot intentionally declare
war on them.
**
The Hinterlands has a new Horde quest hub known as Revantusk Village,
located on the eastern coastline. Horde players level 44-52 are
encouraged to visit Revantusk Village and assist the Revantusk with
their myriad problems and tasks!
**

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:03:38 -0500, Nathan Engle <nengle@indiana.edu>
wrote:

>Hinterlands
>is a LOT friendlier for Alliance than it is for Horde. I
>have some hopes that I might be able to buy schematics from
>the engineering vendor in the hills NE of Que'Danil lodge,
>but aside from that I'm not aware of any havens.

You can, that vendor is neutral.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann