Disabling Start Menu (not hiding)

Is it possible to disable start menu and make users startup appz for icns on
desktop only. We are setting up school computer lab and want to allow
students access only to programs via desktop.
4 answers Last reply
More about disabling start menu hiding

    "Gmsnctry" <Gmsnctry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Is it possible to disable start menu and make users startup appz for icns on
    >desktop only. We are setting up school computer lab and want to allow
    >students access only to programs via desktop.

    With the Windows Explorer this is not possible. But you can try to
    find a different Windows shell that fits your needs.

    --
    (tm)

    I have seen programs that will remove the start button from the task bar.
    You will have to google it though

    "Gmsnctry" <Gmsnctry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to disable start menu and make users startup appz for icns
    > on
    > desktop only. We are setting up school computer lab and want to allow
    > students access only to programs via desktop.

    see if this works

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have seen programs that will remove the start button from the task bar.
    > You will have to google it though
    >

    > "Gmsnctry" <Gmsnctry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to disable start menu and make users startup appz for icns
    >> on
    >> desktop only. We are setting up school computer lab and want to allow
    >> students access only to programs via desktop.

    Don't forget that it might appear difficult to gain access to edit the
    registry subsequently as there won't be access to Start>Run. There are
    other ways of accessing the registry editor and changing things within the
    registry without access to the registry editor. Just a heads up for anyone
    who might "play" with this without knowing exactly what they're doing!

Configuration Start Menu Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP