Processor: AMD Phenom™II X4 840 (new)
RAM: DDR3 4 GB (new)
HDD: IDE 80GB (old)
Keyboard: old
Mouse: old
CD ROM: old
Operating System: XP SP2

Problem:
When i start system, 1st it show motherboard name for abt 20 sec, then boot screen (with the option to press Delete to enter setup and F12 to open boot menu, etc) appears for 3 to 5 minutes, then blank screen without cursor for 2 minutes, with cursor 2 minutes and it starts to load windows, then I finally get the normal windows loading screen and it runs normally.
It takes 8 to 10 minutes to see the desktop.

Kindly Help me
mail id: openatprabu@gmail.com@gmail.com

More about : system long time boot

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 490 V Motherboard
July 5, 2012 8:00:16 AM

start with the simple stuff. make sure the sata ports are set to achi if that old drive is an 80g sata. if it ide check that the hard drive jumper is set to master. and your cd-rom set to slave. i would run some drive fitness test to see if the old drive is ok.
most times when you move drive a to new system b. you have to boot into safe mode and remove all the old mb drivers.
then boot into windows and install all the new drivers.
m
l
July 5, 2012 8:26:09 AM

openatprabu said:
Hi

Recent, I have upgraded my system OLD System as NEW ONE with following config

Motherboard: Digilite DL- A76ML-K (new)
Processor: AMD Phenom™II X4 840 (new)
RAM: DDR3 4 GB (new)
HDD: IDE 80GB (old)
Keyboard: old
Mouse: old
CD ROM: old
Operating System: XP SP2

Problem:
When i start system, 1st it show motherboard name for abt 20 sec, then boot screen (with the option to press Delete to enter setup and F12 to open boot menu, etc) appears for 3 to 5 minutes, then blank screen without cursor for 2 minutes, with cursor 2 minutes and it starts to load windows, then I finally get the normal windows loading screen and it runs normally.
It takes 8 to 10 minutes to see the desktop.

Kindly Help me
mail id: openatprabu@gmail.com@gmail.com

If you're really using an IDE Hard Drive (Parallel ATA), that is why your boot times are so crazy slow. You should seriously consider upgrading your hard drive to SATA (Serial ATA). It is significantly faster and your average 7,200RPM SATA drive can be had for cheap (around $50). A really nice hard drive or solid state drive can be had for about $100, just so you know.

EDIT: Also, I've never even heard of Digilite and I do IT work. If you can still return the motherboard I'd recommend you try to find a motherboard from a manufacturer like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, or Biostar. Preferably in that order.
m
l
!