Advise on PSU and Case for these picks.

thenetvines

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Hi guys! Please help me find the best choice under these circumstances:

I only need to find the best hardware quality PSU and case, at a reasonable price, for these items.

1*ASRock Z75 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard U$D 84.99

2*Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K U$D 229

* G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL U$D 46.99

Notes:

This rig is not intended to be a gaming PC, rather, a fast future-proof cheap setup for casual home use, and constant video rendering.

This mobo doesn't support SLI or Crossfire on purpose, because I will never make use of it, but, the PCS 3.0 slot is a nice future option, since the Intel HD Graphics 4000, is more than I need right now. (Will buy a graphics cards in the far future).

This mobo uses the z75 chipset (Ivy Bridge ready) on purpose, since it's considerably cheaper, and I do not need the SMART feature for SDD that the z77 chipset offers, also don't need the H77, since casual minor OC for the CPU and GPU maybe done in the far future. The USB 3.0 ports on this mobo are a plus for me, since I'm not picky about many USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports, and I don't plan on using more than one hard drive, or maybe 2, but not in RAID, So I don't need many extra bells and whistles.

This mobo uses a Realteck LAN driver, and not a Broadcom, since I plan on using a Hackintosh on it, and Broadcom is a no-no.

===========================================================================================================

Need:

The best cooling case under 140 U$D, with as many fans as possible if needed, but couldn't care less about LED lights, or the look of it. My main concern is airflow, because I live in a very humid place, and bad ventilation actually caused rust on my old GeForce 9800GTX +, and I had major problems with it.

The PSU is actually more important in the quality aspect since my last PSU actually messed up my whole rig. I wasn't very cautious with my old rig, and poor thing suffered a lot.

Also, please advise about current picks, if they can be improved, quality/price wise... I don't mind paying a bit more, if it's really necessary or worth doing.

Thanks for any help!!!

ujaansona

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
PSU:
SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093

Case:
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $80
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139011

LIAN LI LanCool Dragon Lord Series PC-K56 N Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $70
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112353

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Personally I like the LanCool K56N.

Never heard of Z75, but that mobo seems fine. It also has a dehumidifier function on it that I assume works by witchcraft, so that will be useful for you.

As for what case to get, get what you can afford from the Coolermaster's HAF series or any Corsair cases that you like the look of. I would recommend the HAF-XM. Both of these companies make amazing cases and you can essentially pick any of them at random and be happy with what you get.

As for PSU, get one from Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone or XFX. Any of those will be fine. Make sure its modular and 80+ Bronze or better. Considering you might get a GPU down the track, get 600W so you can just drop in the card without worrying about power issues.

If your video rendering, you will want some stronger hardware. An i7-3770k and 16GB of RAM is what you should get. Currently you have specced yourself a gaming rig (minus a GPU) so its little more than a HTPC. To help in the rendering, when you do get a GPU, get an NVIDIA card. Its CUDA cores will help in this aspect.