Search Blacked Out

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Hi all,

I seem to be having a problem with my search in xp. When I go to start
and then search it opens up but the left side (where the dog is) is
black. I can't type in anything because I can't see anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Alice

XP Home sp2 all updates installed.

map

"Alice" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I seem to be having a problem with my search in xp. When I go to start
> and then search it opens up but the left side (where the dog is) is
> black. I can't type in anything because I can't see anything.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alice
>
> XP Home sp2 all updates installed.

Scroll down to "search" I would try the first fix,"search doesn't work"
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
I no help try another one