D-Link DIR-625 Router Stopped Working

tompepper

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
My router suddenly stopped working yesterday and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. I have one computer wired directly in to it and a few laptops that use wireless connections.

The power LED and the internet LED light up, but the status LED and the WLAN LED do nothing. Pushing the factory reset button on the back doesn't seem to do anything. (Held for 20 sec, then released)

Can't connect to the router site (192.168.0.1)

The internet works fine when I plug in to it directly, so its definitely the router. Any ideas what could be wrong here?

You've done everything I would have to try and narrow down the problem, so I'm going to say you have a dead router. If it's still under warranty (D-Link typically warranties their products for 1 year), call D-Link and get them to replace it. If not, you're probably going to have to invest in a new router, unless someone else can think of something you haven't done yet to fix it.

kitmanwong

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

Hi Tompepper:

I installed my Dir-625 since June 2008. The modem was working fine. Last week it started to problems and I tried to unplugged the cables, unplugged the power and tried to put them back after. And then I cannot connect the router site (192.168.0.1).

(1) What I do is to put the original quick start CD and rerun the setup. And then it works fine again. During the setup, I found that I put the cable connect between the internet router and Dir-625 modem was not at the internet jet.
(2) I put the cable back to the right connection jet.
(3) And the cable between the computer and Dir-625 is at Port 1.

I hope it can help if you follow my step (1), (2) and (3) will work.

K.Wong