Huge lines while playing League of Legends w/ 6870.

BobRSanchez

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Okay, let me start off by saying that League of Legends is the only game where this problem occurs. That is, as far as I know, anyway. I haven't bumped into it in any of the other games that I have played.

Here is a picture of what it looks like when it happens.

ziqgrn.png

Driver is up to date 12.4. Even with 12.3 this was occurring. Anyone have any solutions?

Also I have noticed that at 1680 x 1050 resolution, there are some microstutters going on. I'm not sure whether it's my monitor or the fact that I'm using a VGA to DVI adapter in order to use the card with my oldish VGA LCD monitor... but this is a side issue and I shan't ramble on.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011

LOL has graphical caching errors which often materialize as shading issues, or large lines coming from the turrets and whatnot.

Here's what you gotta do:

do a uninstall and a fresh install of LOL to make sure the game itself has not been corrupted, fragmented, etc

restart your computer after the install

then open up task manager with ctr+alt+del then task manager

and make sure no graphical programs are running in the background.

Because of the way LOL patches itself though, it is easy for the game data to be corrupted.
I hope this helped. Keep us posted :D

BobRSanchez

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Yeah but the deal is that it was a new install, and I've done so multiple times with no avail.

Weird thing is that a friend of mine also has an ATI card in his laptop and he has similar problems with Skyrim. So I was wondering perhaps ATI cards have driver issues with the latest catalyst driver?