HDMI Audio becomes "not plugged in" after turning TV off and on

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilgatex

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I recently upgraded catalyst from 12.1 to 12.4 on my HTPC, and now every time I turn my TV off, the HDMI audio becomes "not plugged in." If I take the cable out and plug it back in (or reboot), suddenly it's back.

I've been using this card without any audio issues for almost a year now. Is there any way to roll back the driver (or maybe another easier suggestion I'm not thinking of?)

I have a Radeon HD 5400 and Win7 32 bit

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting, thanks for letting us know.

i had the same problem with the original drivers that came with my 5870, dunno which driver number it was, was fairly old revision.

However updating later on shortly after solved it without having to replug hdmi for it to detect. Would think amd would have learnt if this is a reincarnation of the silly bug.

mrfx

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I've experienced the same bug here. It's so annoying! Every time I change now between AV receiver mode (stereo/dolby/pure direct etc.) the AMD HDMI device state change to "not plugged in". Detect display from AMD Control Center does not repair it, but when I choose "swap displays" (I have dual screen setup) then sound is back. I've set a hotkey for this, but it's of course not a real solution. Since this problem apply to my HTPC Media Center that bug made me crazy already! I made service request for this at AMD website and maybe you should do that also, so they will know that the bug is important for more people.

RickyKohler

Honorable
May 26, 2012

I just updated from 12.3 to 12.4 when the AMD VISION Engine Control Center prompted for an automatic update. After working fine for a couple of years, now I am having this issue. However, when I go to the device properties, and select the Driver tab, the Roll Back Driver button is grayed out. The driver details show that I am using version 7.12.0.7706 from 2/23/2012.

So how did you figure out to roll the driver back? Or is there someplace I can go do download an older version?

Status
Not open for further replies.