Sign in with
Your question

XFX HD 6770 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2012 7:56:14 AM

Hi guys.
I have a problem: i've got XFX Radeon HD 6770 and i must say it's awesome. Have never seen such a strong card before!
Now, battlefield 3 runs gr8 on high/ultra settings BUT i during playing i always get message like this 'AMD Display driver stopped responding and has succesfully recovered' :heink:  after that game shuts down. I don't get at the beginning but after some time.Can you help me??
Alex

More about : xfx 6770 problem

May 12, 2012 11:14:28 AM

u shud probably install the driver again...maybe it'll help...
May 12, 2012 11:22:28 AM

what's ur PSU??
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2012 11:33:21 AM

In most case its cards issue. If driver update is not going to help you, then you need a RMA i am afraid. The best way to find card's issue is check on friends pc. If same thing happen then its the card.

I had a similar problem like yours with my sapphire HD 6770. Game crash and display driver error massage. I just replace with a new card and problem solved.
May 12, 2012 11:39:43 AM

u can try what mubin says..but also see the PSU shud be supporting a bit more than what the cards requirement as its not completely efficient....somthing same happened and they werent able to solve the problem http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/338953-33-display-dri... ...hope sumthing works for u ....
May 12, 2012 11:56:14 AM

My PSU is Take.Me 400W. I know its not gr8 but :
-it doesn't even gets warm while playing Bat3 on high/ultra,
-Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai runs great on ultra details.
May 12, 2012 1:01:09 PM

check the temp of ur graphics card if its too high the driver stops responding and restarts it self. check if u keep ur temp low same happens or not
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2012 2:43:13 PM

Unfamiliar with the PSU brand, could be an issue. But more information would be needed as far as specs of your computer. Also, did you have a previous gpu in your system and just popped in your 6770?
May 12, 2012 2:44:19 PM

devilking said:
check the temp of ur graphics card if its too high the driver stops responding and restarts it self. check if u keep ur temp low same happens or not

Usually it's about 59 degrees of Celsius (while playing) so it's not that high.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2012 5:30:42 PM

Quote:
The 6770 may be hitting it's vram limit at ultra, turn it down to high, and try again.

Hi recon-uk,
I am using 6770 and BF3 on it @ ultra setting. Never face a problem. Though my res is low(1280x1024) and fps is low(25-35). So vram is not a problem i think.

Another thing is hitting vram will not do that type problem i hope. Cause i experienced vram limit when playing Dirt 3 online at ultra setting. Window performance tools report to lower my visual setting. It will cause low fps in game(22) but not crash.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2012 5:45:55 PM

Alex_L_29 said:
Usually it's about 59 degrees of Celsius (while playing) so it's not that high.

Your temp is all right. Do you face this problem in other game? Try every game @ high/ultra setting and at least 1 hours of gameplay. See if the problem occur.
May 12, 2012 7:15:48 PM

Battlefield 3 : Sometimes
Bat:Arkham City : Seldom
Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai : Never
Cod 4 : Never
Empire Total War : Never

And now i don't get 'display driver stopped...ble ble' but 'Battlefield 3 stopped working'. Very seldom but when you play multi it's harsh cause after crash you don't get the points...
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2012 8:58:06 PM

Try to run BF3 on another computer(yours friend's, if you can) with your gfx. This will clear if there is any issue with your gfx or other component in your system.
!