HD6850 Crossfire Flickering

david1983

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Good morning! I've recently installed a second HD6850 (Powercolor HD6850 PCS+) in Crossfire with another, identical card. The probelms is, playing some games (Comapny of Heroes), the screen flickers like mad! However, with other games (CoD:MW), it's fine. I'd really appreciate any help on how to stop this please! I also sometimes notice the screen flickering when on the Windows desktop.

I've installed the latest drivers (12.4), run Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, use an Antec HCG-620W PSU, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, C2Q Q9650, 6Gb DDR2-667 RAM and have a 750Gb Hybrid HDD and a secondary 1Tb HDD.

I've heard that turning off vertical sync may help but can't seem to find it in CCC....any pointers?

Thanks in advance as I thought it would work fine!

David

DM186

Splendid
Have you tried the new card by its self? Take out the old card and put the new card in where the old card was. Then run the game and see if you are getting the flickering.

Turn off the Vsync in games settings. If no fickering with the one card put your old card back but leave the new card where it is hook up the crossfire bridge and start the game and see if the flickering is back.

Make sure all connecters and cables are all tight and screwed in. I found out that the hard way I upgraded and went to boot but did not get a singal from the PC to the monitor.

I beat my head for hours trying to figure out what I did wrong and after taking it all a part I found the problem I didn't screw the DVI cable in on the monitor. Try that and let us know. Good luck