What Is Wrong With My SLI GTX 560TI's?

So I recently upgraded a few components on my rig and I am trying to figure out what is wrong and why the fps in games is so low and why my 3Dmarks are so low compared to other people with similar rigs.

cpu: i7 920 @4.2
gfx: 2xMsi GTX 560 Ti frozen SLI
ram: mushkin redline 999000 (3x4GB) 12GB PC3-12800 7-8-7-24 1.65V
hdd: WDC WD3000GLFS
water cooled with a corsair H100

Never had performance problems with past builds so not sure what info I need to provide to figure this problem out. Just let me know.


I do not think it is a cpu bottleneck firstly because my cores never go high and on 3d mark people with similar systems are getting more than twice my score.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.


cpu-z (cpu)

cpu-z(memory)

nvidiaInspector

3Dmark Results
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3406268
21 answers Last reply
More about what wrong 560ti
  1. Can't open the 3Dmark list.
  2. Version: 1.0.3
    SystemInfo Version: 4.9
    5/12/12 1:05:39 PM
    Id: 3406268
    Score:
    P4478 3DMarks
    PC Health Check BETA

    This Score is Low Compared to Similar Systems.
    There may be a problem.
    Tips for improving your score
    Add to compare
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card 3DMark 11 benchmark test score
    Name

    Description

    User soulrain
    Processor
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-920 Processor
    Processor clock4600 MHz
    Physical / logical processors1 / 4
    # of cores4
    Graphics Card
    Graphics Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    VendorMicro-Star International Co ., Ltd.
    # of cards2
    SLI / CrossFire On
    Memory1024 MB
    Core clock880 MHz
    Memory clock2100 MHz
    Driver name
    Driver version8.17.13.124
    Driver statusNot FM Approved
    General
    Operating system64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)
    MotherboardASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE
    Memory12288 MB
    Module 1
    4096 MB Mushkin 9 @ 667 MHz
    Module 2
    4096 MB Mushkin 9 @ 667 MHz
    Module 3
    4096 MB Mushkin 9 @ 667 MHz
    Hard drive model300GB WDC WD3000GLFS-01F8U0 ATA Device
    Detailed scores
    3DMark ScoreP4478
    Graphics Score4074
    Physics Score7644
    Combined Score5104
    GraphicsTest116.91 FPS
    GraphicsTest217.8 FPS
    GraphicsTest327.5 FPS
    GraphicsTest413.49 FPS
    PhysicsTest24.27 FPS
    CombinedTest23.74 FPS
    Settings
    Default settings used Yes
    EditionBasic
    Screen Width1280
    Screen Height720
    Msaa Sample Count1
    Texture Filtering ModeTrilinear
    Max Af Anisotropy1
    Tessellation Detail5
    Max Tessellation Factor10
    ShadowMapSize5
    Shadow Cascade Count4
    Surface Shadow Sample Count16
    Volumetric Illumination Quality5
    Ambient Occlusion Quality5
    Depth Of Field Quality5
    Enable Window ModeOff
    Enable Vertical SyncOff
    Enable Triple BufferingOff
    Enable WireframeOff
    Color Saturation100%
  3. TTT
  4. Quote:
    Not a good idea to bump your thread :pfff:


    New here and lesson learned!
  5. Have you tried 296.10 drivers?
  6. Yes I have. That is what I upgraded from to try and fix the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  7. Quote:
    What games are you trying to run?
    What settings?


    More concerned about my 3dmark scores. Performance in any game I play is off because there is an underlying problem which can be seen in my 3dmark scores which are around 4300-4500 where they should be 9000ish.

    People with my set up are getting over twice the performance and I am just trying to figure out why.

    I am reinstalling windows to see if there is anything wonky but this is weird.
  8. Update: I just got done reinstalling windows on the rig in question and just ran 3Dmark and my scores jumpe to P7878 an increase of 3,341 from my previous test.

    Anyone have any idea why this would be?

    Thanks for all the help thus far feel great not trying to figure this out alone.
  9. Were you using another graphics card model before the GeForce GTX 560 Ti?

    If you were I can see remnants of old drivers causing such problems especially if you didn't completely uninstall the old drivers before installing the new graphics cards and drivers.
  10. I had one gtx 560 and added another one and upgraded my 13000 ocz ram to the mushkin 1600.

    I did update the driver to the beta 301 I believe but then switched back to the 296.

    When you upgrade a gfx card driver, what is the correct process you recommend?

    I guess it had to have been a past driver issue.

    I just O'c my i7 920 back to 4.2 and my new 3dmark score is P8966 so this is a little better than P4537 ;0

    I ran out of options and just reinstalled windows because I have no other idea what to do.
  11. You need to install it cleanly I think, uninstall your old driver before proceeding. P8966 is cool :)
  12. soulrain said:
    I had one gtx 560 and added another one and upgraded my 13000 ocz ram to the mushkin 1600.

    I did update the driver to the beta 301 I believe but then switched back to the 296.

    When you upgrade a gfx card driver, what is the correct process you recommend?

    I guess it had to have been a past driver issue.

    I just O'c my i7 920 back to 4.2 and my new 3dmark score is P8966 so this is a little better than P4537 ;0

    I ran out of options and just reinstalled windows because I have no other idea what to do.

    Before switching to the new graphics card I usually uninstall the current graphics card's driver so that the OS reverts back to using the default Microsoft graphics card driver.

    I then restart the OS and run a driver cleaner to ensure that any remnants of the old graphics card drivers have been removed.

    I then shut down and unplug the power and replace the graphics card with the new one and power up.

    I then install the latest WHQL driver, restart and go into the NVIDIA Control Panel to make the desired changes to the settings.

    OC'ing the CPU should increase your 3DMark score since the CPU is considered in the overall score.
  13. Hahaha ya now just have to reinstall Guild Wars 2 and Tera :(

    So go to device manager and go to the cards property and do an uninstall driver before going to the nvidia site and downloading the new driver?
  14. ko888 said:
    Before switching to the new graphics card I usually uninstall the current graphics card's driver so that the OS reverts back to using the default Microsoft graphics card driver.

    I then restart the OS and run a driver cleaner to ensure that any remnants of the old graphics card drivers have been removed.

    I then shut down and unplug the power and replace the graphics card with the new one and power up.

    I then install the latest WHQL driver, restart and go into the NVIDIA Control Panel to make the desired changes to the settings.

    OC'ing the CPU should increase your 3DMark score since the CPU is considered in the overall score.


    Thanks for the detailed reply. What driver cleaner would you recommend?

    Ya I am just tweaking now trying to get the best scores possible.
  15. soulrain said:
    Hahaha ya now just have to reinstall Guild Wars 2 and Tera :(

    So go to device manager and go to the cards property and do an uninstall driver before going to the nvidia site and downloading the new driver?

    How do I uninstall my NVIDIA display drivers?

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html
  16. soulrain said:
    Thanks for the detailed reply. What driver cleaner would you recommend?

    Ya I am just tweaking now trying to get the best scores possible.

    I've used this freeware one successfully, but it requires that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or higher be installed:

    Driver Sweeper v3.2.0

    http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
  17. Great man definitely grabbing it!

    I have one more question perhaps you can help me with:

    I am trying to tell whether my i7 920 is a c0 or a d0 and I read that a program called Everest can tell you. I downloaded the program but I cannot find this information.

    I probably will just make another thread but thought you may know.

    Thanks so much again for your help.
  18. soulrain said:
    Great man definitely grabbing it!

    I have one more question perhaps you can help me with:

    I am trying to tell whether my i7 920 is a c0 or a d0 and I read that a program called Everest can tell you. I downloaded the program but I cannot find this information.

    I probably will just make another thread but thought you may know.

    Thanks so much again for your help.

    You posted an image of CPU-Z in your original post that shows it is C0/C1.
  19. ko888 said:
    How do I uninstall my NVIDIA display drivers?

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html



    thanks k0888 reading it now.
  20. ko888 said:
    You posted an image of CPU-Z in your original post that shows it is C0/C1.



    Ok cool thanks man!
  21. Hi Soultrain,

    Was the GTX560 Ti SLI worth the cost incurred?
    Did you get major benefits?
    Would you advise doing it?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics