Plextor 24/10/40

G

I am not sure when this drive actually went on sale but it looks like Today. They have been advertising it on their Europe Website but you couldn't buy it and Tech Data didn't have it either.....Until today. Now they also are showing it on their US Website. I wish all the major distibutors didn't already have a bunch on backorder.

But anyway I am sure you all know about the Plextors and RAW mode and I was curious on this one so I went to see what CloneCD has to say and they say this drive is fully supported meaning that it supports RAW mode. This is strange to me becuase I was reading an article about a month ago which had a letter directly from Plextor about how they will never support RAW mode since it is not standardized (sp?). hmm What do you all think/know about this? Is this just a goof by Electorate-Bytes or is it a glitch in the firmware or what? I can't belive it is any kind of screw-up or glitch but...

Please do not pee in the gene pool!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I'm not sure what you mean here. Plextor supports RAW mode, disk at once (DAO). But if you're referring to the inability to copy 1:1 safedisk2, then I was under the impression plextor was going to revamp their bios for the 24x. The hardware can do it, as it can with the 16x, but plex must've gotten a bit-o-pressure from msft.