November 14, 2012 7:18:05 PM

Hi, gonna start with my PC info:

CPU - Intel Core I5-2500
Motherboard - MSI MB H61 S1155 MATX/H61MA-E35 B3
RAM - DDR3 Kingstone 8GB 1333Mhz
GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 560 1GB DDR5
PSU - Modecom FEEL1 600W 12cm
Windows 7 32bit

So yes, I'm getting PC restarts while playing games. It's not always restarting, it mostly depends on game, for example lets take GTA4, sometimes I can play it for hours and nothing is happening and sometimes PC restarting after few minutes of gaming, this is happening for most of the games I play. When I surfing on internet, watching videos and other stuff, I don't receive any restarts. I don't receive any BSOD either.

I tried to use FurMark test - 0,5sec passed and I got instant PC restart, after that I tried MSI Afterburner did few test (actually have no idea if its good or not) and figured out that GPU fan is working good :na: 

GPU temperature while doing nothing is ~33C, when playing games - stable 58-59C
CPU temperature while doing nothing is ~33C, when playing games - 79-83C (tested on GTA4, played like 30minutes)

Actually I blame my PSU its cheap and have negative feedback, however I'm not an expert so I ask you for help. Thanks
November 14, 2012 7:51:23 PM

It is quite likely that your issues are related to power. Are there any BSOD messages that accompany the restarts? You might want to look at another PSU. Antec, Super Flower, SeaSonic, Corsair (I don't know what is available to you) are reputable brands.
Related resources
November 14, 2012 9:58:08 PM

That should work fine I would think. The lack of any BSOD messages seems to confirm to me that the PSU is the issue here.
November 14, 2012 10:04:28 PM

for a start, that CPU temp is FAR too hot. Replace the cpu heatsink with something like a coolermaster hyper tx3 or 212. Also make sure you have one or two good exhaust fans in your case to expell the hot air from it. After doing that i would look at the power supply, replace it with a more reliable brand like Antec, Seasonic, corsair, xfx.
November 14, 2012 11:01:42 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
for a start, that CPU temp is FAR too hot.

^+1 agreed
But I have to diasagree about replacing the HSF, no overclocking here so simply reseating the stock HSF and ensuring airflow is adequate should be fine
November 15, 2012 12:12:47 AM

Unfortunately, in cases like this you need to change parts to eliminate or find the faulty hardware but I would strongly recommend you check your CPU auto shut down temperature settings first, to make sure its not set to the temps the PC is shutting down at.

You might want to invest in some quality Thermal Paste, in this case Thermal Pad. I will suggest HONEYWELL PCM45F Thermal Pad instead of the various after market Thermal Paste brands.

I always recommend taking the minimal route before spending on Hardware.

Good Luck and post back soon
November 15, 2012 12:15:58 AM

Most likely your computer is restarting because of the massive heat that is being produced, i would recommend a better heat sink / air cooling to stop that.
The PSU should be fine for your build unless you are having hardware failure within it.
November 15, 2012 2:28:45 AM

The only problem with the heat restart theory is there would (should) be a message on restart - which is why I asked if there was any BSOD messages - a lack of message indicates the computer itself did not initiate the shut down (although it may be a factor).
Thinking along those lines though, if your PSU draws air from inside the case and is being subjected to those temps also, that may very well cause it to overheat in itself.
November 15, 2012 3:09:10 AM

I re-installed my windows few days ago, ever since I got only 1 reboot. As I understand BSOD logs should be stored in "c:/windows/minidump", there is no such folder at all or Im looking in wrong place?
Talking about cooling system, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and good thermal paste should do, what you think? And Im still going to change my PSU, I don't feel safe with current one...
I will check my CPU auto shut down temperature settings later and post here back.
November 15, 2012 4:01:05 AM

The message I'm speaking of will usually come up at restart "the computer shut down because of... "
November 15, 2012 7:47:19 AM

To be honest, there is no need to invest anything in hardware now. Go with the thermal paste first, find what the issue is, then you can decide to change whatever else later.

The worse thing you want to do is start throwing new hardware on a PC that's not stable at the moment.

You will be amazed how much just a better thermal paste can change things. Please don't change anything hardware now if you can resist.

Enjoy and post back soon
November 15, 2012 8:04:21 AM

Nedal0 said:
To be honest, there is no need to invest anything in hardware now. Go with the thermal paste first, find what the issue is, then you can decide to change whatever else later.

The worse thing you want to do is start throwing new hardware on a PC that's not stable at the moment.

You will be amazed how much just a better thermal paste can change things. Please don't change anything hardware now if you can resist.

Enjoy and post back soon

+1 sage advice
November 15, 2012 8:19:12 AM

a hyper tx3 is so cheap and good it should just be done, the intel stock cooler is a total piece of crap and will overheat on full load no matter what thermal paste, especially if thermal throttling is not enabled in bios, or not working properly. Air flow in the case should also be a primary concearn, exhaust fans are a must.
November 15, 2012 12:41:53 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
... the intel stock cooler is a total piece of crap and will overheat on full load no matter what thermal paste,...

Really? Sounds like emotional drivel to me. The stock Intel cooler will adequately cool to turbo setting - do you really think Intel would put itself in a position to be sued by millions? Think please - or conversely, please show objective reference
November 15, 2012 2:54:45 PM

Sounds strange, my PC is 6months old, and its possible for thermal paste to go off? Had old PC, used it for 4 years, never changed thermal paste or any other stuff and it worked perfectly fine. Well I still want to buy better CPU cooler just to be sure that my PC working fine, not sure about PSU...
November 19, 2012 8:12:38 PM

C12Friedman said:
Really? Sounds like emotional drivel to me. The stock Intel cooler will adequately cool to turbo setting - do you really think Intel would put itself in a position to be sued by millions? Think please - or conversely, please show objective reference

have you sen how thin the stock cooler is?
ok here then if you must have proof of my "emotional drivel"

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713...
"Stock HFS + Arctic Silver 5

Idle

Load

Cooler Master 212+ (push) + Arctic Silver 5

Idle

Load
58"
and as5 is not the best anymore, noctua nt-h1 is better and costs about the same and o curing time.
November 21, 2012 3:24:16 PM

Changed CPU cooler to Cooler Master Hyper Evo tx3. Tested on GTA4 again, and temperature is holding on ~47C. At the moment I don't have much time to play games long enough to check if its still restarting, but I guess problem is fixed now
November 21, 2012 3:35:24 PM

Sound great, your temp is really good. Just keep playing and see if the problem is gone. You could try a CPU test like Prime95 to see how it goes when it's at 100% usage
November 24, 2012 8:58:32 AM

Good to hear that and the current temps (47) sounds good. Good work, give yourself a pat on the back.

I think your issue is sorted now and thanks for posting back
!