Warlock shards?

anyone heard if they are gonna allow soul shard stacking or have a special
bag for them?

"noogman" <noogman@yahoo.com> skrev i melding
> anyone heard if they are gonna allow soul shard stacking or have a special
> bag for them?

Most is wishful thinking, but it has been mentioned by the devs that they
might make a soulbag (soulbag is mentioned in the book you get when getting
your dreadsteed btw). But it hasn't been made clear how the bag will work
yet.
My wish is they would remove the shard cost from our spells, sure, let our
summons require a shard, but one can't say warlocks are overpowered as it is
now.

Agin, 60 warlock

"Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "noogman" <noogman@yahoo.com> skrev i melding
>> anyone heard if they are gonna allow soul shard stacking or have a
>> special bag for them?
>
> Most is wishful thinking, but it has been mentioned by the devs that
> they might make a soulbag (soulbag is mentioned in the book you get
> when getting your dreadsteed btw). But it hasn't been made clear how
> the bag will work yet.

Hunters already get quivers/ammo pouches, now they're just making the same
sort of equivalent for warlocks. It's going to cost them one of their
normal bag slots, which let me just say is painful.

There's pretty much only two ways in which it can work. Either it holds a
large number of normal shards (more than 16, which is pretty much the limit
on normal bags), or it has fewer slots and allows shards inside of it to be
stacked. Either way I'm guessing it will only be able to hold shards just
like quivers are only able to hold arrows.

> My wish is they would remove the shard cost from our spells, sure, let
> our summons require a shard, but one can't say warlocks are
> overpowered as it is now.

Nah, summoning should still have shards as a reagent.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
> "Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in

Hunters have it the worst IMO, 1 bag dedicated to bullets/arrows and other
spots for meats to keep your pet happy. I had a 2H blue mace BOE fall on SM
and did not realize my bag was full, had I been any other class I would have
had room.

Bernhard Ege wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:57:44 +0000, Cyde Weys wrote:
>
> > There's pretty much only two ways in which it can work. Either it
holds a
> > large number of normal shards (more than 16, which is pretty much
the limit
> > on normal bags), or it has fewer slots and allows shards inside of
it to be
> > stacked. Either way I'm guessing it will only be able to hold
shards just
> > like quivers are only able to hold arrows.
>
> If that will be the case, then I would call that a nerf to the
Warlock. I
> regularly throw out soulshards to make space for items. If I loose
that
> feature, I may have to let stuff be. I have a Warlock with
> herbalism/alchemy and the soulshard+herbs+potions is not exactly a
great
> combo. Very little excess space so haveing a bag solely for
soulshards
> means I have less space.
>
> When I quest, I usually only have 4-5 soulshards in my 14 slot bag.
More
> then plenty even in case I die and have to restart.
>
> So if the shardbag is implemented and takes a normal bag slot, I
guess my
> economy will take a serious hit (not being able to pick up stuff to
sell).

> Bernhard

It will give you less flexibility, and make it slightly harder to carry
as much. But I've heard they are going to balance that out by allowing
the soulbag to have stat buffs.

Hunters get reductions in shooting times. I'd be all for the hit in
inventory space if they added reduced spell cast times. After playing
the BG's on Test a bunch, I think it's our biggest weakness (moreso
than just raw DPS). If they went with +Shadow Dmg or even +Int/+Stam
I'd probably say it's a valid tradoff, depending on how many shards the
biggest bag holds. It sould be 24 (6 by 4) or 32 (8 by 4).

"Bernhard Ege" <bernhard@NOSPAMege.cc> wrote:

> If that will be the case, then I would call that a nerf to the Warlock. I
> regularly throw out soulshards to make space for items. If I loose that
> feature, I may have to let stuff be. I have a Warlock with
> herbalism/alchemy and the soulshard+herbs+potions is not exactly a great
> combo. Very little excess space so haveing a bag solely for soulshards
> means I have less space.
>
> When I quest, I usually only have 4-5 soulshards in my 14 slot bag. More
> then plenty even in case I die and have to restart.
>
> So if the shardbag is implemented and takes a normal bag slot, I guess my
> economy will take a serious hit (not being able to pick up stuff to sell).

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, hunters aren't forced to spend a bag
slot for a quiver. They may, if they want to, but they don't have to.
I guess it will be the same for 'locks, IF they get this feature.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (44) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

> Hunters already get quivers/ammo pouches, now they're just making the same
> sort of equivalent for warlocks. It's going to cost them one of their
> normal bag slots, which let me just say is painful.

Well, I keep a minimum of 16 shards on me all the time, when getting below
10, I get a bit worried. Usually, in instance I have 25-35 shards. Nice to
burn off some in Hillsbrad later, and it beats going to farm shards and get
whopped by a rogue anyways. So I use more than 1 bag for shards as it is
now, so a soulbag would be a welcomed addition.
I also have alch/herb, and before 60 carried 1 bag with herbs too. Recently
bought my 5th bag slot in the bank now. Have 2-3 bags with herbs, 1 with
emergency shards, 1 with items for different uses.

> There's pretty much only two ways in which it can work. Either it holds a
> large number of normal shards (more than 16, which is pretty much the
> limit
> on normal bags), or it has fewer slots and allows shards inside of it to
> be
> stacked. Either way I'm guessing it will only be able to hold shards just
> like quivers are only able to hold arrows.
>
>> My wish is they would remove the shard cost from our spells, sure, let
>> our summons require a shard, but one can't say warlocks are
>> overpowered as it is now.
>
> Nah, summoning should still have shards as a reagent.

Yes, as I said, remove shards from spells, shadowburn and soulfire, but keep
it for our pets/summons.

> --
> ~ Cyde Weys ~
>
> Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
> Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Agin,
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam! :)

"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message

> I may be wrong, but as far as I know, hunters aren't forced to spend a bag
> slot for a quiver. They may, if they want to, but they don't have to.
> I guess it will be the same for 'locks, IF they get this feature.

Hunters sort of have to.

Well, they don't really, but it would be massively stupid not to. Having a
quiver in their possession increases their bow attack speed.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

Bernhard Ege <bernhard@NOSPAMege.cc> wrote in

> On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:57:44 +0000, Cyde Weys wrote:
>
>> There's pretty much only two ways in which it can work. Either it
>> holds a large number of normal shards (more than 16, which is pretty
>> much the limit on normal bags), or it has fewer slots and allows
>> shards inside of it to be stacked. Either way I'm guessing it will
>> only be able to hold shards just like quivers are only able to hold
>> arrows.
>
> If that will be the case, then I would call that a nerf to the
> Warlock. I regularly throw out soulshards to make space for items. If
> I loose that feature, I may have to let stuff be. I have a Warlock
> with herbalism/alchemy and the soulshard+herbs+potions is not exactly
> a great combo. Very little excess space so haveing a bag solely for
> soulshards means I have less space.
>
> When I quest, I usually only have 4-5 soulshards in my 14 slot bag.
> More then plenty even in case I die and have to restart.
>
> So if the shardbag is implemented and takes a normal bag slot, I guess
> my economy will take a serious hit (not being able to pick up stuff to
> sell).

Yeah, umm, nobody is forcing you to have a soulbag, just as nobody is
forcing hunters to have a quiver or an ammo pouch. It's not a nerf no
matter how you look at it. You have the choice of keeping things exactly
the way they are OR changing them.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Bernhard Ege ytrede sig i <pan.2005.05.23.08.16.52.94000@NOSPAMege.cc>
med dette:

>On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:57:44 +0000, Cyde Weys wrote:
>
>> There's pretty much only two ways in which it can work. Either it holds a
>> large number of normal shards (more than 16, which is pretty much the limit
>> on normal bags), or it has fewer slots and allows shards inside of it to be
>> stacked. Either way I'm guessing it will only be able to hold shards just
>> like quivers are only able to hold arrows.
>
>If that will be the case, then I would call that a nerf to the Warlock. I
>regularly throw out soulshards to make space for items. If I loose that
>feature, I may have to let stuff be. I have a Warlock with
>herbalism/alchemy and the soulshard+herbs+potions is not exactly a great
>combo. Very little excess space so haveing a bag solely for soulshards
>means I have less space.
>
>When I quest, I usually only have 4-5 soulshards in my 14 slot bag. More
>then plenty even in case I die and have to restart.
>
>So if the shardbag is implemented and takes a normal bag slot, I guess my
>economy will take a serious hit (not being able to pick up stuff to sell).

Not if they made some tailoring recepie for Regent pouches (Linen: 8
slot; Silk: 16 slot; Mageweave 24 slot; Runecloth: 32 slot; Mooncloth:
40 slot) and something similar for a shard pouch/bag.

Herb/alchem are the most space hungry proffession route to take, so such
an inprovement is really needed, however I haven't played a Warlock yet,
so I can't tell if there is a true demand or it's more about the
prefered playstyle.
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he