Windows XP Disk Defrag

Whenever my screensaver goes on or there is no hard disk activity, the disk
defrag utility runs and it is driving me crazy! Short of disabling the exe
file (i.e. ex!), is there somewhere I can turn this annoying little creature
off?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows disk defrag

    "martisiq" <martisiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Whenever my screensaver goes on or there is no hard disk activity, the disk
    >defrag utility runs and it is driving me crazy! Short of disabling the exe
    >file (i.e. ex!), is there somewhere I can turn this annoying little creature
    >off?

    Check in the Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks for an entry related to
    the Disk Defragmenter.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Defragment Customization Windows XP