Windows XP Disk Defrag

March 10, 2005 12:09:03 AM

Whenever my screensaver goes on or there is no hard disk activity, the disk
defrag utility runs and it is driving me crazy! Short of disabling the exe
file (i.e. ex!), is there somewhere I can turn this annoying little creature
off?

More about : windows disk defrag

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:40:35 AM

"martisiq" <martisiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Whenever my screensaver goes on or there is no hard disk activity, the disk
>defrag utility runs and it is driving me crazy! Short of disabling the exe
>file (i.e. ex!), is there somewhere I can turn this annoying little creature
>off?

Check in the Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks for an entry related to
the Disk Defragmenter.

--
(tm)