Sign in with
Your question

Can't seem to get Nvidia 3D to work.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2012 3:46:31 PM

Last month I rig myself my own PC. Bought an Acer HS244HQ which has 3D glasses supplied, changed the HDMI cable that came with the monitor to a high speed HDMI with ethernet and the dealer (and instructions from the guide) told me to download the drivers that could enable to view 3D content on the monitor based on my GPU which is a Nvidia GTX 680. But the thing is I couldn't get the 3D to work. Its been troublesome for me as I would like to try to view my pics or movies in 3D. Any suggestions? And I don't have the Nvidia 3D Vision Kit. Its a bit expensive for me, in my country that is.

More about : nvidia work

a c 91 Î Nvidia
May 12, 2012 5:33:29 PM

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html

http://3dvision-blog.com/3957-acer-hs244hq-is-the-first...

I'm thinking that the monitor you have is not compatable with Nvidia's 3D vision , the first link gives you the monitors that are Nvidia 3D Vision ready and the Acer model HS245HQ is the next model up from the one you have and it's 3DVision ready.The next link is the product release article of the monitor that you have and it doesn't say it's compatable with the 3D Vision. I would contact Nvidia support and see if there is some way for you to get the monitor that you have to work with the Nvidia 3D Vision. You might end up needing to get the Nvidia 3D Vision kit.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
May 12, 2012 5:35:12 PM

That monitor is not a 3D Vision monitor and is not really optimal for 3D Gaming, as it uses HDMI, which will limit you to 720p @ 60hz or 1080p @ 30 when in 3D. It still may be possible to use with Nvidia, but you'll need to use some special driver work around.

I've seen someone post them, so I do know they exist, but I personally have not used that work around.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
May 12, 2012 8:01:44 PM

Yup its not a 3D gaming monitor , its just a 3d Monitor for watching 3D content via Blu ray. The monitor must be Nvidia 3D Vision enabled to game with 3D with a Nvidia graphics card and glasses.
m
l
May 12, 2012 10:01:42 PM

Monitors that come with 3D glasses do not use the nVidia hardware and will not be recognized by the nVidia system. There will be either a disk included with the monitor or an online download that provides a software package like TriDef 3D which has a launcher program that you must use to run the game you are trying to play. Then you will notice some settings that much match for the monitor and the software, typically TriDef 3D uses a side-by-side method. Once you have launched the game through the TriDef launcher (and see the side-by-side images) you must then go into your monitors OSD panel, find the 3D settings and enable 3D in side-by-side and then you will see the monitor mix the two images now into one double image which will now work with your glasses turned on.

As for movies, be aware there are very poor limited choices for software that you can use to watch 3D blu-ray on your computer and it may involve a different, but similar, set-up than the gaming mode AND all the 3D components, including the video card, cabling and monitor MUST be HDCP compatible for 3D bluray movies otherwise it will not work.

Grrr ;) 
m
l
!