Okay, So I have just recently (within last 30 days) built my new rig. Primarily it is a gaming rig. I have an SLI setup using 2X EVGA FTW 670's. Since I built the rig I have been experiencing issues with my graphics which I will try to explain here.
The two games I have tried playing have been Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft. I should also say here that I am using 3 24" monitors setup in Nvidia's Surround. My issues are as follows:
1. Diablo runs 100% fine on the system with no issues at all. Because I run it in a single monitor I sometimes have to tab out to do something on the web. With surround enabled the left and right monitors are blackened out(basically turned off) while I play. When I tab out, Sometimes, and it only happens sometimes, the middle monitor will become messed up visually where I can make out the graphics of whats supposed to be shown, but the picture is fuzzy and and it is all shaded either red/blue/yellow. When I turn the monitor off and back on it fixes the display issue every time but I do not know why it is happening. I should say here that the middle monitor that this happens on is the monitor I kept from my old pc but it is the exact same model of the other two. I don't think it is an age issue since it is only 2 years old.
2. While Diablo 3 works great I have had nothing but problems with World of Warcraft. Since it is designed to be run across 3 monitors I choose to attempt it. I have tried going full-screen across all three and the game starts-up just fine, however after a few minutes the video display driver crashes. I have tried both direct x 11 and 9. With 9 it doesn't crash in the game, but it does when I exit the game and forces me to restart the whole computer due to locking up. I should also mention that with direct x 9 the cursor dissappears when I stop moving it unless I turn off hardware cursor in the game options. This crashing also happens if I try running the game windowed on one monitor which is how I ran it when I only had one monitor and one video card on my old rig.
I am looking for someone to give me some ideas to narrow down and fix these issues. I will include the specs of what I put into the rig in case any of that helps.
6)Make sure that your Monitors drivers are installed.
also can you tell me if this happens on all your video setting or just on low or ultra etc.
hope This helps, GOOD LUCK!
1. I am using nvidia and sli, not crossfire in my setup.
2. For the drivers I originally had the latest released drivers installed but I switched them to the latest beta drivers to see if it helped. The problems persisted with both drivers installed.
3. I will go ahead and install the latest version of directx 11 and see if that helps.
4. I am using onboard sound with no sound card installed.
5. I will try this as a last resort since I have yet to reach that.
6. The monitors I have do not have any drivers associated with them.
*NOTE* I have read that SLI can be buggy when using WoW and one solution is to disable it. Since the two games I primarily play don't need that much horsepower I am ok with seeing if this fixes the problem in WoW. I will let you know what I find.