mpsmith

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
Have a 2yr old system from Velocity Micro. System information shows the MB as D875BZLK and the CPU as 3.2ghz. Intel Active monitor is set to alarm at 154f (68c). My question is this, are these reasonable settings? This is one of the old original P4 3.2extremes. When I first got the system it constantly was setting off the alarm. Now it only does it when I play a graphics intensive game.

I have the largest Zalman cooler that was available at the time but I forget which thermal paste I used (I just remember it cost extra).

Any suggestions (short of replacing MB or system;) ) would be appreciated.

Michael P. Smith

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Get more air flowing in the case. 68C is pretty hot for an 130nm 3.2EE. It's obviously not overclocked on that board.

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

endyen

Splendid
Check to see how airflow is. Take the side panel off, and see how temps are affected.
While you have the side panel off, check to make sure your psu has a good bottom fan.

Take a look at your fans/HSF and clean them. Dust can block ariflow and will decrease the efficiency of the HSF.

endyen

Splendid
No, they just say they're gonna, like your old man did.
NOTE this was not really intended as the cruel remark that it is, but I need practice at the nasty comebacks.
Please morbidangel, do not take it personnally.

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
Plastic protection on a cpu that would be a very bad thing for heat disappation near a cpu.

<font color=purple> MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON! </font color=purple>