Desktop Icon Text Effects

I acciedentally changed my desktop icon text properties. Originally the text
was white and had a shadow effect to mske them look dimensional. Now, the
text is black and surrounded by a color. Definetly not as good looking, how
do I go back?
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon text effects

    Hi,

    Checkpoints to consider:

    1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

    2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check
    "Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop".

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "KONABRO2" <KONABRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I acciedentally changed my desktop icon text properties. Originally the text
    > was white and had a shadow effect to mske them look dimensional. Now, the
    > text is black and surrounded by a color. Definetly not as good looking, how
    > do I go back?

    i'm not sure where you made that change, but you might try the following
    steps and see if things go back to normal:
    right-click on your desktop
    click "Properties"
    select the "Appearance" tab
    under "Windows and buttons:" change the field between "Windows Clasic style"
    and "Windows XP style"
    click [Apply]
    then swith the field back to your preference and click [Apply] again

    "KONABRO2" wrote:

    > I acciedentally changed my desktop icon text properties. Originally the text
    > was white and had a shadow effect to mske them look dimensional. Now, the
    > text is black and surrounded by a color. Definetly not as good looking, how
    > do I go back?

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP