Best case for 100 bcuks?

I have 100 dollars in my budget for a new case. I could go slightly over buck try to keep it as close to 100 as you can or cheaper. I want something that has good cable managment. (preferably a bowed out back panel for this) Good air flow. and lots of space. It would really appreciate the help. there is basically a jungle of cases out there.
17 answers Last reply
More about best case bcuks
  1. The Corsair Carbide 300R is a great start :) If you can find a Corsair Carbide 500R for cheap (some go for $80 with recent rebates/discounts), it would be a good choice as well.

    Besides those two, the HAF 922 or Antec Three Hundred Two are great choices.
  2. mocchan said:
    The Corsair Carbide 300R is a great start :) If you can find a Corsair Carbide 500R for cheap (some go for $80 with recent rebates/discounts), it would be a good choice as well.

    Besides those two, the HAF 922 or Antec Three Hundred Two are great choices.

    Do they have good cable management behind the motherboard? and I will be crossfiring two high end cards that are both 11.5 inches long. I forgot to mention i will need lots of gpu space.
  3. Yes, all the cases mentioned have TONS of room behind the motherboard tray (around 3CM if I remember correctly). They also feature enough space to fit extremely large GPU's.

    Since you mentioned Crossfire, I would recommend the Corsair Carbide 400R or 500R; they will give you the most airflow your cards need :)
  4. ^ Arc Midi and Antec 1100 get my vote out of those cases :)

    I should also mention, the CM HAF series are also great for multi-GPU configurations.
  5. mocchan said:
    ^ Arc Midi and Antec 1100 get my vote out of those cases :)

    I should also mention, the CM HAF series are also great for multi-GPU configurations.

    what are the main differences between the haf x and the haf xm. Iknow that the haf xm is mid atx. but is it smaller? and is the airflow sill good. along with other nifty features.
  6. Quote:
    which one is biggest?


    Depends on what you classify as big... You looking for height, width, or length? Or do you want overall the biggest case?
  7. socialfox said:
    Depends on what you classify as big... You looking for height, width, or length? Or do you want overall the biggest case?


    I which one has the most inside room. and i guess if you want the biggest dimensions
  8. Quote:
    what are the main differences between the haf x and the haf xm. Iknow that the haf xm is mid atx. but is it smaller? and is the airflow sill good.

    Nearly all gaming-oriented have the same fundamental cooling setup... front intake(s) for HDDs, rear exhaust for the CPU (single most important optional case fan), top and side fans to pull dust into the case.

    My ideal case would be something like the Antec 302 but without the side/top/bottom vents/fans and revert to the Antec 300 style rear (interior slot screws, no holes around expansion slots). Bump front fans to 2x140mm or 1x200mm, make the intake filter front-accessible for more frequent cleaning and that would be a winner IMO. The basic idea: I do not want my positive pressure going out of the case without passing by/through components that actually need the airflow.
  9. mocchan said:
    The Corsair Carbide 300R is a great start :) If you can find a Corsair Carbide 500R for cheap (some go for $80 with recent rebates/discounts), it would be a good choice as well.

    Besides those two, the HAF 922 or Antec Three Hundred Two are great choices.


    No love for the 400R?

    I am very happy with mine and it's right at $100 (or less)
  10. InvalidError said:
    Nearly all gaming-oriented have the same fundamental cooling setup... front intake(s) for HDDs, rear exhaust for the CPU (single most important optional case fan), top and side fans to pull dust into the case.

    My ideal case would be something like the Antec 302 but without the side/top/bottom vents/fans and revert to the Antec 300 style rear (interior slot screws, no holes around expansion slots). Bump front fans to 2x140mm or 1x200mm, make the intake filter front-accessible for more frequent cleaning and that would be a winner IMO. The basic idea: I do not want my positive pressure going out of the case without passing by/through components that actually need the airflow.


    Does the 302 have a window. I forgot to mention that a windows is an absolute must.
  11. Quote:
    Does the 302 have a window. I forgot to mention that a windows is an absolute must.

    No window on the 302.

    Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed will run you around ~$120. Clean and sleek window without any of those fan grills.
  12. Quote:
    Does the 302 have a window. I forgot to mention that a windows is an absolute must.


    Never-mind the 400R then.
  13. Z1NONLY said:
    Never-mind the 400R then.

    What about the haf xm vs the 400r are they not in the same class. or is it just a matter of opinion at that point.
  14. Not familiar with the HAF, but the 400R doesn't have a window.
  15. Z1NONLY said:
    Not familiar with the HAF, but the 400R doesn't have a window.

    HAF X has a VERY SMALL window I believe...nothing to get excited over, though :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Managment Cable Components Product