What graphic card is compatible with this motherboard?

cerebros

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hello,
I just bought a cheap pc since it had a quad core in it. Here are the specs.
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 @ 2.83GHz 40 °C
Yorkfield 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DQ43AP (CPU1)
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1024x768@60Hz)
Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives
488GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
78GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-58MSA1 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

What changes would i have to make to have it run games like starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.
Thanks.

Your monitor should still have a brand and model number.

You will have to open up the computer case and look on the label affixed to the side of the power supply unit.

What I'm looking for is the combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of the power supply. This information is needed to determine if the graphics card that is recommended will be able to receive the power it requires to run properly without you having to also replace your power supply unit.

If you're not willing to replace your power supply unit then it will limit the possible graphics card model recommendations.

Look for a power cable coming out of the power supply that has one of these connectors on it:

pcie-connectors.jpg

If that Macron MPT-400 is really able to deliver the 20 Amps specified on the label for the +12V rail then it should be able to handle a Radeon HD 6670.

The Radeon HD 7750, suggested by @Sunius, uses less power and performs substantially better than the Radeon HD 6670.

I hope the Radeon HD 7750 is within your budget range.

cerebros

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Anything under the hundred dollar mark. Is there something specific i should be looking while buying a video card since i might get a second hand video card, How do i know the card will be compatible. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Your major limitation is your Macron MPT-400 power supply unit.

Your motherboard has a PCIe x16 Gen 2.x slot which should eliminate any PCIe compatibility problems.

Wait for the Radeon HD 7750 to go on sale if you have to.

I 2nd this, or beg for 10-15 more dollars, if you do step down to a 6670 you would just be cheating yourself in terms of performance per dollar. for 10 bucks more than the 6670, the 7750 performs 20% better.

cerebros

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately i am forced to sell the pc due to financial problems. The person i am selling it to would d like to install a a graphic card, the 8400GS. He is not going to do any hardcore gaming or anything. How can i know what type of card is compatible with this power supply since it has to problem with the number of pins. Thanks . Also if you can suggest some cards around the 30-50 dollar price range it would really help.