Useing my 5770 on a 32" hd tv

nightstalker_ns

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
hello there :)

well as i said i bought a 32" tv and i instantly put it on top of my desk in the place of my old monitor (its crazy but i like it)

however i tryed the hdmi cable wich was soooooo bad screen wasnt full wasnt that good looking at all blury pixeld.

so i switched to dvi to dvi cable wich is excelent and i changed the resolution from 1366x768 to 1920x1080 wich is the res for the hd tv as far as i know.

so i have a few quetions if i may ask...

1- i tryed all the games i used to play on my old screen skyrim cod mw 3 batman AC and wow and all maxed on the new tv and i was a little shocked as there was no diffrence in the fps i was expecting a heavy drop i mean it cant be the same im useing a much higher resolution but im gettin a stable 60 fps on these games so is that because im not actuly useing the resolution or ??

2- could someone help me to fix the hdmi cable cuz im sure its better than the dvi one is there a program to do these setting or something( i searched the internet and couldnt find a solution)

3-by using the dvi cable and the 1920x1080 res i get an excelent picture but its hard to read text from the windows and firedox msn skype ... but its alot better in the games i tryed increasing the size of letters in the control panel its still bad

thanks in advance :)

pc specs:

8gb ram dd3

phenom 1090t 6 cores at 3.2ghz

5770 hd radeon not overclocked

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
1. What are you in-game graphics settings
2. DVI and HDMI are the same thing.
3. Did you install the drivers..?

Also, using a TV as monitor is bad, that's why you can't get clear text. It's designed to output TV shows and movies, not a webpage.

Actually, DVI is better for computer display :p, and it's the most supported format. Signal is identical to HDMIs (Actually, they took DVI cable, added sound and called it HDMI).

Are you sure you set your resolution to 1920x1080? What was your old monitor?