Logon Screen Help

March 10, 2005 12:43:02 AM

I just upgraded to winxp pro. After the installation was done I had a log on
screen that came up and it had a box in the center of the screen it was about
6inches X 4 inches and had some writting inside it, and a small area to enter
my password.
Well I ended up haveing to re-install it because of a software issue with
another program that made me have to re-format again. Anyway now the log on
screen is like the xp home I just had where it gives you a small square box
with a picture to the left and the user name and you click on it and it opens
that users windows desktop. I would really love to get the first one back I
liked it beter and if anyone understands what the heck I am talking about
could ya help me to get that back.
thanks
--
Thank Ya Kindly,
Danny

More about : logon screen

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:06:01 AM

Oh_Danny_Boy wrote:
> I just upgraded to winxp pro. After the installation was done I had a
> log on screen that came up and it had a box in the center of the
> screen it was about 6inches X 4 inches and had some writting inside
> it, and a small area to enter my password.
> Well I ended up haveing to re-install it because of a software issue
> with another program that made me have to re-format again. Anyway now
> the log on screen is like the xp home I just had where it gives you a
> small square box with a picture to the left and the user name and you
> click on it and it opens that users windows desktop. I would really
> love to get the first one back I liked it beter and if anyone
> understands what the heck I am talking about could ya help me to get
> that back.

Classic vs. Welcome logon..

Control Panel --> User Accounts --> Change the way users Logon and
Logoff --> Uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen"
Apply options, close.

--
<- Shenan ->