video tv tuner cards

G

I was wondering if any of you out there could give me an opinon on what is the best card to go with. I've been looking at the ASUS7100 deluxe and the ATI all in one wonder. both have tv tuner cababilites I want them to use TV as monitor as well make my computer my own tivo, I recently bought a Delta DVD12x drive and new mother board ECS-k7vma, 1.2 gig athlon processor. I'm not to happy with the sound quality with the CD's I've burned with my burn proof 12x10x32 burner. even though I'm running nero software there's been a lot of skips in my reproductions. I just recently ordered a new phillips acoustic edge 5:1 sound card. hopefully once I instal this sound quaility will improve for me. I was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts on the best video /tv tuner/ graphics cards out there. I'd like to burn DVD's to start my own collection. I have dvd rip and burn program for that. But before I buy I was wondering if any of you out there have any comments on the philips card and what video card I should invest in for highest quailty an easy use. I also just order a new western digital 40 gig 5400rpm hard drive. I'm trying to put together a good system for making and watching DVD. and capturing TV shows so that I can record them to disk and save them. If any one out there has any advice I'd appreciate any info on what your using and if there are or are not problems. I would really appreciate info on your experiences with the ATI and ASUS tv tuner cards. thank you please email me responses to trouble0100@hotmail.com thank you for all your time !!!!!!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
First things first: if you don't <i><b>own</b></i> the DVDs you plan to rip and burn, it is ILLEGAL!!! And I will report you to the FBI for pirating sofware where you will be fined $50,000 and possibly serve a jail sentence(s)!!!

With the legal stuff out of the way, I'd go for the Radeon All-in-wonder. I think it has everything you plan on doing and more. However, I also suggest you think about buying a seperate Video card and TV tuner...so when your video card become outdated, you'll still have your tv tuner to keep while you upgrade to a better video card.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

i agree on the separate tv tuner and video card thing...and if you think about it, tv tuners arent really that expensive...but its enough to make you not want to replace when the video card becomes obsolete...

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I'm guessing.. you have downloaded Div X movies.. don't deny,, and don't idely threating another; thats not only pussy like, but also irritating... get your sheat out of here.

go with the gainward's VIVO.. you have BAD arsed 3d power, plus hi polygon rates for CAD etc.. not professinal CAD users of course (but if your ignmorant rant about it), it will do the VI that you need ! Now for you DVD Backing up... thats up tp your proccessor specifically.r.. bettter you have5555; the better.

Anyways, shut up you hypocrits; go and play with your moms tits... she bought you the toy anyway.

Peace,

[Tr@k0r]

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Your assumptions make you look more stupid than you already are.
YOU GUESSED WRONG YOU STUPID IDIOT!!!!
I don't download Divx movies because I have a slow ass 56k modem because cable and DSL are not offered in my area!!! And even if I had broadband internet, I wouldn't want to download any Divx from the internet because of the poor quality anyway!!! (And don't assume that I downloaded divx because I know its bad quality. If your smart, you can figure out that in order to have a 650mb file, the quality would either be real bad, and/or, the resolution would be real low).

You just sound like a stupid immature little kid.
"Go play with your mom's tits'".....how immature is that??? Your pathetic!!! Get your pathetic self out of here!!!
Oh yeah, I just noticed that you don't even know how to spell!!!! Go back to school you Stupid Pathetic Little Kid !!!

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
lmoa.. as Expected. :)

I was hoping you would reply like that. It would only conferm you have absolutely nothing better to do then be ignorant. And about that stupid [-peep-], your a hypocriyte. Why would I make asumptions, without seeing your REAL personality? Because of your behavior. Don't reply anymore script kiddy. And let go of your mom's tits.

asta,

TR@k0r.

P.S. you don't even realize the potential of the mind, not even the slightest!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I think you should read your past posts, then read my posts, and then read your posts again. You will see who the hypocrite is. (Thats how you spell 'HYPOCRITE' you dumb sh|t!!)....and you <i>did</i> make assumptions, you damn kid!! You assumed I participate in illegal activities, such as downloading Divix movies without owning the origional movie. <i>Your</i> the damn <i>hypocrite</i>!!! You stupid kid, <i>confirm</i> is spelled with an <i>I</i> and not an <i>E</i>!!! Damn, kid, your pathetic!!! I don't care about you, what you say, and what you do, because you ain't nothing but a stupid little kid.

P.S. If you don't know how to spell, you should go back to school, or don't use the word at all, you damn idiot!!!

P.P.S. I don't even want to realize your stupidity, it would scare me.

P.P.P.S I'm currently attending MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) with a degree in Computer Science (and optional Computer Engineering). What Third-World Community-College are you attending?? Or are you a drop-out bum?

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Lets see. Not only are you a discriminating person... meaning your attitude stinks towards others because they scored 120 on a cheezzy IQ test ( explains for all the 'STUPID's' you refer to me as) you are not quite getting the picture here. YOU should read the last post I made, realize that I was making assumptions based upon your BEHAVIOR, not close to accuracy(you should realize that if you really are intealigent) but moderated because of others DO you really think I could make that accurate of an Assumption without ANY immediate KNOWLEDGE of you? I think that you should take some prosake, maybe drink a beer or so and chill the Fuq out. I have not once made any character threatining remarks in your regards, nor do I wish to ever ( seeing how I will never portake of your truly).

Look man. I would sincerely hope that you would give the FUq off your pedestool, shut the Hell up, and tell your pop's to send you some more money to buy yourself a 'who-ives-a-Fuq-button.'

I'm also sorry to hear that you are on a 56, although, that would not stop anyone, in the computer world, to download and play div X movies. Get real. Don't fool yourself 'kid ?' ( I guess I wouldn't know, but you don't consider that when you reply to people. It is common among egotistical people which tells me that you don't know my age? OR... is it a demeanering way of cutting me down? humm... ouch !)

Almost done. I will not reply to any of your responses from here on out, seeing how you have proved yourself to be sickly unsociolable. You should really be carefull who you speak to, because someday you might run into them.

Tr@k0r

P.S. One more thing. Spelling has not been one of my strong points. Moreover, I believe people who use that in a argument to gain power are really the ones who are weak. Just a thought for you to think about. :) BAM

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I know you said your not going to reply to me anymore, but I know your still going to read this.

YOU should read the last post I made, realize that I was making assumptions based upon your BEHAVIOR
Why did you jump on my ass in the first place when my very first post was a mere warning to that other kid about software pirating? After that, you just blew up and started bitching like a little girl. WTF was that all about?? Next time keep your nose out of people's asses. I was doing a favor for the kid before he makes a stupid mistake and has to go to jail for it. Now what was so wrong about doing that??? You made assumptions about me and my very first post!! How could you tell by my behavior that I download Divx off the Internet?? What was the clue in my first post that lead you to believe that?? It sure as hell wasn't my <i>behavior</i>. If you read my first post on the other thread, it tells you that I'm a moral man and don't participate in illegal activities. <i>That</i> should have given you a clue about my 'behavior'--or are you too ignorant to realize that???

I'm also sorry to hear that you are on a 56, although, that would not stop anyone, in the computer world, to download and play div X movies.
Your sure right that it won't stop pathetic pirates from downloading illegal software without owning it or having proper authorization. But I'm not like them all my software are 100% legit!!! I have to admit though, that I do download demo software that I already own and try to write a program to crack it...all for <i>fun</i> (and I repeat, I don't download cracks, <i>I write my own</i>)!!!!!! Its all legal because I own the original software, unlike pathetic pirates (which may include yourself, I wouldn't know for sure).

you don't know my age? OR... is it a demeanering way of cutting me down? humm... ouch !
Your right again, I don't know your age. I referred you as a <i>'kid'</i> because:
1. You can't spell.
2. You make pathetic, hypocritical, and foolish arguments.
3. You make stupid assumptions.
4. All this bullshit and bitching started with me giving a mere warning to a kid for the sake of his own good.
5. Making stupid judgements based on my 'behavior'--what a bunch of bullshit. I guess you judged right when you said I download Divx movies.
6. You make childish, immature, and perverted remarks like "tell your pop's to send you some more money to buy yourself a 'who-ives-a-Fuq-button.'", "Go play with your mom's tits", and "Let go of your mom's tits."

What is it with you and "mom's tits"??? Are you into MILFs or what?? Damn, you sure are one sick, perverted little kid. You need to get some professional help, either that or get a real girlfriend.

seeing how you have proved yourself to be sickly unsociolable. You should really be carefull who you speak to, because someday you might run into them.
Was that a threat??? Why the hell would I be scared if I ran into some sick, stupid, perverted little kid who has some sick fetish for "mom's tits"???? Unsociable?? Wow, I guess putting your nose up people's ass makes you more sociable. Pissing people off by making stupid assumptions (or by their 'behavior'--as you would call it) has made you tons of friends by now.

I believe people who use that [spelling] in a argument to gain power are really the ones who are weak.
I believe people who run away like little girls and not reply back are the ones who are really weak. Those types of people (like you) are just scared to face the fact that they cannot beat someone much superior to them (like me). Running away also proves that the person (which is you) is sickly unsociable, has no real friends, and has some sick fetish for "mom's tits".

G

Eh, come on Stick-e.....
Look at his nick dude. Some moron with a kewl "31337 hax0r nick". I'm surprised you even bothered wasting your time with fools like TrAk0r...

/me sighs

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yeah, I know, I too wonder why I wasted my time with that moron. I have a lot of patience, it takes a lot to piss me off. This guy just did that. I couldn't help but jump on his bitch ass. I don't care about it/him now. It's over. Im back to normal now.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

G

you two are fighting like g*dd*mn children... you both appear to packet/script kiddies and neither one of you deserves the right to be on the internet.

Stoleyourdomain.com - $12 a year domain registration.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Um.. Just wanted to add that there are nothing wrong with milfs.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

G

Yes, yes....

Terribly sad that:

1. In a country which boasts of its First Amendment, an individual should have to post disclaimers either for his/her own protection or the protection of others
2. Individuals do not recognize disclaimers for what they are.

Thanks for the entertainment, it was great fun to read.

Ticka TICK Tick Tick--------NEWS FLASH: Bill Gates wants a new yacht: Windows XP2 available soon

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Yet another thread where people say things they wouldn't have the balls to in public in fear of getting a set of false teeth.

Both of you are totally lame for even letting whoever 'started it' get the other one riled up.
Especially lame is the one who was going to turn in the guy who never said he was going to download movies.

If he was or did, and you turned him in, I'd hope you would be publicly humiliated for getting in others peoples' business where you don't belong. You should worry about yourself instead of someone with a technical question, do you own disney or something? Just wondering the reason why you play wannabe cop instead of your other role, the MIT student?

I'm not arguing with your dumbass just thought I'd let you know what everyone thinks when they see posts like yours.

BTW I sent u some emails trouble pertaining to your question, hope my experience helps you out!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kinney on 10/13/01 03:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You cannot assume the quality of the file just base on size. There are a lot of compression in computer world. I can compress a .bmp file into a .jpg file. The .jpg fiile will be a lot smaller than the .bmp file but the quality will be the same.

In the case of divx there is some quality lose in compression. You might be able to spot the difference in a good home theater system but I seriously doult if you can tell the differece on a computer.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes, you can make good quality and small DivX files by reducing the resolution...however, I prefer mine 720x480 and higher (without the box letter). Anime movies can also have good quality AND a good resolution without being significantly large.

Well, the real reason I am responding is to the last 3 people who brought this back up when it died like 3-4 months ago. And to the other guy saying people shouldn't be going into other people's bsiness--guess what HE just did?!
Anyway, you people need to let this go and move on with your life....get a girlfriend or something.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
BTW-anyone else that responds to this and/or expresses his or her opinion about the topic(s) and <i>trys</i> to prove me wrong, needs to be shot.

Makaveli

Splendid
I have a copy of final fantasy in DivX(700mb) and U can barely tell the difference from the DVD!
But i'm on cable, I'd rather go to the libabry and use their Lan then to go back to a 56k.

Can't wait for the Day when Dial up modems are no longer in use! PLaying CS with a 200-300ms ping just sucks A$$!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802</A>