Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson Perfection 2450 Photo - How to scan 120 negs?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
August 9, 2005 10:40:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?

It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
holder for 120 negs.

The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
to be used.

I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
light on this.
--
Chris
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:40:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Chris wrote:

> How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>
> It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
> and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
> holder for 120 negs.
>
> The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
> the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
> to be used.
>
> I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
> light on this.

Hi Chris...

I just had a reply to a message I posted in .scanners
related to a Silverfast problem I'm having, and this
was part of the sig...

Hope it's helpful.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro....

Take care.

Ken
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:40:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <1mOmK$AxpO+CFwGt@[127.0.0.1]>, Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]>
wrote:

> How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>
> It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
> and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
> holder for 120 negs.
>
> The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
> the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
> to be used.
>
> I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
> light on this.

Your carrier have both the 4x5 and 120 mask rolled into one.
that is there is a hole for both film sizes on the correct mask.

The 120 mask in fact has a groove that the 120 film slides into, as
does the 4x5. You just put the scanner on preview and select the
image that come up from the scanning.
--
Yes I made, another pointless post from another
nameless nobody. I hope it made you feel better.
--
LOL.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:52:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Chris <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>
>It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
>and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
>holder for 120 negs.
>
>The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
>the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
>to be used.
>
>I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
>light on this.

Chris

There is a slot in the 120 holder, but the real problem is that there
is inadequate support for the 120 film, and there tends to be quite a
curl across the frame resulting in poor focus.

To get round the problem try the following holder from Doug Fisher
(cheep and effective):

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mfholderin...
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:09:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:1mOmK$AxpO+CFwGt@[127.0.0.1]...
> How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>
> It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
> and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
> holder for 120 negs.
>
> The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
> the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
> to be used.
>
> I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
> light on this.
> --
> Chris

Just lay the negs on the glass, turn the light on in the lid and scan as
normal.

Slice n dice them up in PhotoShop...

--
Steve
Milk floats, stainless steel sinks
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:09:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <42f8f102$0$12922$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
"Biker2 \(threadstopper\)" <stevenjill@not_pvl.co.uk> wrote:

>
> Just lay the negs on the glass, turn the light on in the lid and scan as
> normal.
>
> Slice n dice them up in PhotoShop...
>

Don't listen to this twit.
--
Yes I made, another pointless post from another
nameless nobody. I hope it made you feel better.
--
LOL.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:09:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <42f9053c$0$12891$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
"Biker2 \(threadstopper\)" <stevenjill@not_pvl.co.uk> wrote:

> Try it yourself before you call anybody a twit ...

Newton Rings.
--
Yes I made, another pointless post from another
nameless nobody. I hope it made you feel better.
--
LOL.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:09:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Udie Lafing" <banishalthought@wastedtime.com> wrote in message
news:banishalthought-E6C146.17371809082005@news.verizon.net...
> In article <42f9053c$0$12891$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
> "Biker2 \(threadstopper\)" <stevenjill@not_pvl.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Try it yourself before you call anybody a twit ...
>
> Newton Rings.

Experience answers...

--
Steve
Milk floats, stainless steel sinks
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:20:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

After purchasing my Epson 2450 at a Salvation Army Thrift store for $19.50 I
had to download the drivers and then purchase the plastic film holders. Yes,
You can scan 120 for the 120 slot is on the same plastic film holder as the
4x5 with the 120 aperature the size of 645 negs. I do not think there is a
film holder to hold a few strips of 120 like there is for the 35mm film
strips.
I also have the Spyder2 for the calibration of my monitors (LCD and CRT) the
2440 scanner and the 1280 inkjet. Finally I have a digital darkroom that is
equal or even better than my wet darkroom, which I have not used since 1992,
when Hurrican Andrew blew it away (it has been rebuilt but only used twice.
Yours,
Tom
"Ken Weitzel" <kweitzel@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:xq6Ke.160543$s54.51510@pd7tw2no...
>
>
> Chris wrote:
>
>> How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>>
>> It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
>> and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
>> holder for 120 negs.
>>
>> The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
>> the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
>> to be used.
>>
>> I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any light
>> on this.
>
> Hi Chris...
>
> I just had a reply to a message I posted in .scanners
> related to a Silverfast problem I'm having, and this
> was part of the sig...
>
> Hope it's helpful.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro....
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken
>
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 2:35:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I use the 2450 for an occasional 120 scan. (in fact, I am picking up a
20"x30" print today). The negative slips into a slot on the combined 4x5/
120 holder. Just do a preview scan, then select a single frame for the
scan. I forget which side of the negative goes "down"...just check the
preview to be sure. Works great.

--Wayne
"Tom Ellliott" <1stroke@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:GOKPe.5246$2_.4675@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> After purchasing my Epson 2450 at a Salvation Army Thrift store for $19.50
> I had to download the drivers and then purchase the plastic film holders.
> Yes, You can scan 120 for the 120 slot is on the same plastic film holder
> as the 4x5 with the 120 aperature the size of 645 negs. I do not think
> there is a film holder to hold a few strips of 120 like there is for the
> 35mm film strips.
> I also have the Spyder2 for the calibration of my monitors (LCD and CRT)
> the 2440 scanner and the 1280 inkjet. Finally I have a digital darkroom
> that is equal or even better than my wet darkroom, which I have not used
> since 1992, when Hurrican Andrew blew it away (it has been rebuilt but
> only used twice.
> Yours,
> Tom
> "Ken Weitzel" <kweitzel@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:xq6Ke.160543$s54.51510@pd7tw2no...
>>
>>
>> Chris wrote:
>>
>>> How do you scan 120 negs on the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner?
>>>
>>> It comes with several plastic holders for negs of different formats
>>> and it is obvious to me how to use all of them except one, namely the
>>> holder for 120 negs.
>>>
>>> The others all have a slot to slide the film into - but, in the case of
>>> the 120 holder, there isn't a slot - and I can't see how it is supposed
>>> to be used.
>>>
>>> I would be very grateful and appreciative if anyone could throw any
>>> light on this.
>>
>> Hi Chris...
>>
>> I just had a reply to a message I posted in .scanners
>> related to a Silverfast problem I'm having, and this
>> was part of the sig...
>>
>> Hope it's helpful.
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro....
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>
>
!