GTA 4 GTX 680 BAD LAG

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Lag
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2012 5:05:14 AM

Okay so up until now i have had no problem whatsoever with my gtx 680. But i just installed GTA 4 and when first start playing on single player their is really no lag but out of nowhere comes so much lag. Like im only getting 1 fps lag. For my processor i have the i7 3770k. What do you think is the problem?????

More about : gta gtx 680 bad lag

a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 5:12:18 AM

GTA 4 is one of the worst console ports ever. It just was not optimized for PC. Do u have this problem in any other games? Im thinking no.
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:16:32 AM

Swolern said:
GTA 4 is one of the worst console ports ever. It just was not optimized for PC. Do u have this problem in any other games? Im thinking no.

I dont have many games yet but i have played Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Need For Speed World, and Starwars the old republic... i have had no problem with these games. The weird thing is i can run the benchmark in GTA fine with zero lag.
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:20:38 AM

Swolern said:

I just removed the damn thing. I have it for xbox anyways i just wanted to play in on my pc... Is there anyway i can test my card just to make sure everything is working fine?? like i said i have had no problems on other games but i just want to be for sure since i havnt really tested it on graphic intensive games
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 5:33:26 AM

destroyer432 said:
I just removed the damn thing. I have it for xbox anyways i just wanted to play in on my pc... Is there anyway i can test my card just to make sure everything is working fine?? like i said i have had no problems on other games but i just want to be for sure since i havnt really tested it on graphic intensive games

Don't give up on it yet. The modding community has made GTA 4 on PC into one of the best looking games out. http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1184814p1.html
IcEnhancer, its the Sh*t!

How often does it drop to 1fps and how long does it stay that low?

I haven't tried it on my new GTX 680 yet, but my old 590 had a few problems with it. It could be 680 driver issues also.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 5:38:21 AM

And depending on which card you got there is software that comes with it that stresses and test the card. On my EVGA 680 its called OC Scanner.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 6:11:50 AM

GTA4 is one badly optimized game, don't expect miracles with it no matter how much power u have
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:28:58 AM

Swolern said:
And depending on which card you got there is software that comes with it that stresses and test the card. On my EVGA 680 its called OC Scanner.

The lags hits in the exact same spot every time. I start single player story mode and drive about 50 feet and the route that your supposed to drive and when I get to the top of the hill the lag just hits suddenly. This isn't the only problem I am having with gta. I can't log in to the social club to play online. It says my password is incorrect but I am able to log in on the website. I don't know what the hell is wrong with it.
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:35:26 AM

reinstall it
and then try
gta 4 is a very badly coded game
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:42:05 AM

I might just get the game called APB from steam for free. It looks good. I have a very strict rule of not getting the same game for two different platforms do I guess I'll just play on Xbox when I need to.
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:48:56 AM

You mean APB the world record holder for fastest failing MMO in history? After it failed another company picked it up and relaunched it.

I wouldn't expect much from it. likely a waste of money.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 7:52:26 AM

Are you sure you have a legitimate payed for copy? I know that pirated games have issues most of the time.
m
l
May 13, 2012 8:06:43 AM

try disabling event viewer in event log: control panel, administrative tools, services. windows event log:D isable, need to restart. negative side: no online gaming
m
l
May 13, 2012 6:32:40 PM

proxy711 said:
You mean APB the world record holder for fastest failing MMO in history? After it failed another company picked it up and relaunched it.

I wouldn't expect much from it. likely a waste of money.

It is free on steam and this one is supposed to be good compared to the previous.

mightymaxio said:
Are you sure you have a legitimate payed for copy? I know that pirated games have issues most of the time.

I am positive i have a legitimate copy.

theunionbvz said:
try disabling event viewer in event log: control panel, administrative tools, services. windows event log:D isable, need to restart. negative side: no online gaming

Ok let me try that
m
l
May 13, 2012 7:33:16 PM

let us know if it works. worked for me.
m
l
!