My Pick-up Group Survival Guide

I have four characters of different classes ranging from level 20
through 32 that I actively play. Although I've never reached level 60
and the only instance I've done so far is Deadmines, I've played
enough, and grouped enough, to know what I like and dislike in a
pick-up group. I understand that my rules might have to change in the
future as I begin dealing with more advanced players, locales, and
loot, however here is my current pick-up group modus operandi. I would
love to hear how other people operate in some of the situations I
describe:

FORMING NEW GROUPS
If I need assistance with a quest, I announce in LookingForGroup the
name of the quest (and stage/goal if it's a multi-step quest like
Tower of Althalaxx), my class/level and that of anyone else I might
already be partied with. If I'm already at the quest location and I
see someone who is already obviously on the quest, I will help him/her
kill whatever mob they might be dealing with, and then "/say Would
you like to group?"

If we're already adequately grouped and working on the quest, I will
not solicit further help, but if we encounter an adventurer who asks-
or if one of the party members asks me to invite a friend- I will do
that.

If I am significantly higher level than other party members, I remind
them that they will not be getting much kill XP. This has never proven
to be a problem.

JOINING AN EXISTING GROUP
I never accept an unsolicited party invite unless I'm at the quest
site and I can see the person inviting me. If I decline, I will usually
ask what they wanted assistance with.

Before agreeing to join a group, if I am significantly higher level
than other party members, I remind them that they will not be getting
much kill XP. This has never proven to be a problem.

Immediately upon being accepted into the group, I will "/p Hello"
or something similar, and inform them if I need to repair up or do
anything else before rushing to the quest site. I always "/p On my
way" when heading out to meet the rest of the party.

If I am not lucky enough to be the group leader, I immediately check
the loot rules. If they're set to anything other than Group Loot, I
will ask if we can change to Group Loot. More on this later.

LOOT AND GATHERING RULES
First and foremost, DO NOT MINE, SKIN, GATHER, OR LOOT WHEN OTHER PARTY
MEMBERS ARE IN COMBAT!!! There'll be time to count the money when the
death-dealin's done!

I will not tolerate anything other than Group Loot with pick-up groups.
Players are either too grabby, snagging everything in sight, or too
polite, leaving money on the ground, and Group Loot just makes it
easier for everyone. This also helps simplify matters when there are
multiple skinners in the group- you skin what you loot.

If someone makes a request such as "please let me have any linen"
and I decide to continue grouping with that person (heh), I will just
say, "I'll give you all my linen when we're done" and make good
on my promise later on. This is because I shift-click quickloot, and
it's just inefficient to have to pick around in your drops to leave
things for these people.

As soon as we see our first chest (or at the outset) I request that
everyone roll on chests. Chest ninja-ing will not be tolerated if
players have been warned first. If it's my group, I boot the person
immediately. If it isn't, I "/p You ninja'ed the chest, I'm
outta here," and leave the group immediately. Additionally I will
/ignore the offending player. (The ignore list also serves as my
do-not-group list.) I remind players to roll at each subsequent chest
if I am the group leader.

Everyone is welcome to roll on rare items. (Note: I've never
encountered a BoP drop, so this will eventually change, I guess.) If a
loser requests an item someone else wins, it's up to the winner's
discretion whether to comply.

As I mentioned, skinners skin what they loot if there's more than one
skinner in the group. Miners and herbalists will just have to play nice
with each other. I personally don't bother mining or gathering herbs
when grouped, so I don't care what they do.

STRATEGY
Before embarking on the quest, I ask if anyone else has previous
experience with it. I also ask if anyone has a recommended strategy
(party member roles). If I think I have a better strategy, I offer it.
If, once in practice, an agreed upon strategy isn't working out I
solicit suggestions from party members or offer my own.

If a player repeatedly disobeys requests to stop unsheeping mobs,
drawing adds, or using AoE spells in congested areas, I boot the player
and /ignore if I am group leader, or "/p You're gonna get us all
killed. I'm outta here" and leave the party.

QUEST GOAL MANAGEMENT
If it's a quest where items must be collected, or where a certain
number of mobs must be killed and some party members have been working
on the quest longer than others, I make periodic checks to see how many
items/kills everyone needs. I stay with the group as long as players
still need to achieve their goals. I don't require or expect other
players do the same, although they usually do.

If it's one of the rare quests where it's actually possible to
collect more of the desired item than the quest requires, I will share
any extras with party members if I have more items than I need.

DOWNTIME
At any break between mobs, I check everyone's health and mana bars.
If anyone's below three-fourths I request that we stop to let folks
recharge. I apply bandages and/or healing spells to non-healing players
or healers with very low mana.

MACROS
As long as there's space in my hotbars, I'll have these macros
available, because typing while grouped is a pain:

When encountering a chest: "/p Please roll for the chest."

When people need to recharge: "/p One moment while folks recharge."

When there's nice loot to be had but my bags are full: "/p Take it,
I'm full."

When I need to type a long question and people are about to rush into
danger: "/p Please wait, I have a question..."

When I'm ready to join the group or aid a straggler: "/p On my
way."

When I'm totally fed up: "/p Sorry, I'm outta here."

LEAVING A GROUP
In positive group experiences, once everyone has met their objectives,
I always /farewell and /wave before leaving the group.

--
*** In World of Warcraft (North America Realms) ***
Gavvyn, Human Paladin on Earthen Ring <Shadow Brigade>

    Brian wrote:
    > I've been on a couple of instance raids (Strat, LBRS) and I have to
    say I
    > like the Master Loot option, especially as regards BoE stuff. I just
    wish
    > they'd fix it so that it's actually secure.

    In the test realm patch notes (for upcoming 1.5), I noticed the
    following:

    "In Master Looter mode, items are no longer opened up for looting by
    all party members after the round-robin looter closes their loot
    window. The Loot Master always distributes items over the loot
    threshold."

    Does this address the issues you mentioned?

    Full patch notes:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

    "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have four characters of different classes ranging from level 20
    > through 32 that I actively play. Although I've never reached level 60
    > and the only instance I've done so far is Deadmines, I've played
    > enough, and grouped enough, to know what I like and dislike in a
    > pick-up group. I understand that my rules might have to change in the
    > future as I begin dealing with more advanced players, locales, and
    > loot, however here is my current pick-up group modus operandi. I would
    > love to hear how other people operate in some of the situations I
    > describe:

    If it's BOE then everyone rolls and it's sorted out later. BOP is N or G.
    Chest contents are rolled on a /random basis, likewise limited quests items
    (dragon's blood, etc).

    Any infractions means you probably won't get an invite again. Everyone
    understands that if they act like a twat they won't get a second chance.
    Wiping the party through idiocy will be severely frowned upon, everyone's
    expected to know what to do.

    That's what it's like at lvl 60 on my server with all the parties I've been
    in from SM to MC.

    Some nice general grouping advice.

    Some more instance advice :-

    For loot generally the following seems to work for most :-

    BoE's - All roll, If someone wants, say.
    BoP's - 1 Blue per run. Master Looter for Bosses, Roll for need and
    then Free Roll it if no-one wants, Free Roll wins don't count towards
    Blue. Lack of master looter often creates huge arguments and can break
    up groups. If you're distributing the loot make sure you are fair and
    respect and rolls / wishes of the party. Some people like to
    disenchant blues and then roll for the shards so they can sell on the
    free market.

    Explain the rules you plan on using and make sure everyone agrees
    before you head to the instance.

    Chests - Roll on contents, not the chest. This saves time.

    As for general tactics it depends on the group, but decide who's going
    to be pulling, which mob is going to be sheeped / sapped / sleeped /
    banished / shackled and make sure everyone knows not to attack it / use
    AoE's near it.

    Patrols are good at wiping partys, remember where they are and deal
    with them in a planned manner, ie don't let them jump you while your
    fighting another pull.

    Having a Main Assist can also help, everyone sets up a macro to
    "/assist toonname" this will ensure everyone is attacking the same
    target. The last thing you want is a group of 5 people all soloing
    seperate mobs.

    Everyone needs to look out for your healer. If they are taking agro
    then someone needs to help them, if they're healing themselves they
    can't heal you.

    Jumping off high ledges with agro in an instance is bad. Jumping down
    when your a hunter / warlock with your pet out is bad. Gnomeregan,
    Sunken Temple & Diremaul can all be great fun if someone does this.

    For who to invite, well this depends who you can get, but you'll be
    wanting a healer, tank, someone who can rez and some DPS. How you fill
    the slots is up to you. WIth the right players all of the non-raid
    instances can be very easy. With the wrong players they can be
    frustrating, expensive and time consuming.

    All of the above is going to sound painfully obvious to most people,
    but I know there are plenty of people who are clueless, I've grouped
    with them. Gotta love pickup groups :)

    After two weeks in WoW (admittedly, with very little of it grouping), I have some
    suggestions:

    1 - Eliminate the whole 'bind on pickup' mechanic. It causes way too many problems
    and hurt feelings.

    2 - Just roll for everything. Greed is a prime motivator in the game, and only the
    good sports will play fair. Which means they will suffer when grouping with others
    who are not so reasonable. One way or another, everyone can use everything that
    drops.

    3 - Chests need to be bound to the party. Has Blizzard explained why it is not like
    this? Another alternative would be to turn on the PvP flag of anyone opening a
    chest.

    4 - Join a guild with specific hard rules about looting, and only group with them. I
    don't know if such guilds exist, but it seems like a good idea.

    Christian Stauffer wrote:

    > In my eyes, it seems to be working. I would join for gathering qs as soon
    > as I find someone who's obviously doing the quest too. Why? Because I'm
    > at a point in the game where I play teamed more than 90% of the time,
    > and playing solo feels like a grind for me :o) And it's always funnier
    > to not play alone. Plus, it's additional safety in contested territory.

    Absolutely. It's the grouping that I play for. I only spend a minimum of time
    grouping, but that's when the game is FUN. The other stuff - grinding,
    exploring and crafting are interesting, but still work rather than fun.

    The other day I went through Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar. It was my first
    experience in an instance, and some rough going getting the other players
    (who were all strangers to me) to co-ordinate their efforts. After a few
    problems, we did get it together and started working as a team. It was then a
    joy to be part of the adventure. That's the gameplay I was looking for when I
    joined WoW.

    >But, teaming up for gathering quests is almost counter-productive. Up
    >until the last patch, Group Loot mode would often not even spawn a drop
    >if the person who's round-robin turn it was didn't have the quest or
    >had finished it. Things seem better now with Group Loot, but it still
    >does no good to have a huge team that is just waiting around for mobs
    >to spawn.
    >
    >I rarely team up on "Collect X" quests unless absolutely necessary. If
    >I see other players farming the same mob, it's a competition to get
    >them first. No hard feelings... And no, I don't care how hard it is for
    >Melee classes to tap mobs with a Ranged class nearby.

    This happened to me earlier. I was doing a quest about 5 levels below
    myself, and could have killed all the mobs easily. But there were 2 of
    my fellow horde struggling as they were 2 levels lower then the mobs.

    So i offered to help out. It was nice in that i was helping people out
    and i could tell they really apprechiated me being there. The problem
    was it took about 3 times as long for me as the drop rate became
    horribly, horribly low.

    --
    Gamertag: unclechibi
    http://unclechibi.blogspot.com

    >4 - Join a guild with specific hard rules about looting, and only group with them. I
    >don't know if such guilds exist, but it seems like a good idea.

    I am a guilder leader, and when we group its normally a free for all
    on green items. They arent that hard to find, and you could buy them
    easy enough on AH.

    However, on blue and above we take into consideration who would it be
    most useful for and roll accordingly.

    --

    Brian <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote:

    > some letters

    Can you explain BoE, BoP, n/v looting please? They don't google, and
    they're not in the only abbreviation thread I've found ;)

    Thanks

    Gav

    --
    Rankbajin on Draenor

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:24:36 GMT, RogerM
    <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Christian Stauffer wrote:
    >
    >> In my eyes, it seems to be working. I would join for gathering qs as soon
    >> as I find someone who's obviously doing the quest too. Why? Because I'm
    >> at a point in the game where I play teamed more than 90% of the time,
    >> and playing solo feels like a grind for me :o) And it's always funnier
    >> to not play alone. Plus, it's additional safety in contested territory.
    >>

    >Absolutely. It's the grouping that I play for. I only spend a minimum of time
    >grouping, but that's when the game is FUN. The other stuff - grinding,
    >exploring and crafting are interesting, but still work rather than fun.
    >
    >The other day I went through Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar. It was my first
    >experience in an instance, and some rough going getting the other players
    >(who were all strangers to me) to co-ordinate their efforts. After a few
    >problems, we did get it together and started working as a team. It was then a
    >joy to be part of the adventure. That's the gameplay I was looking for when I
    >joined WoW.

    Ahh RFC how i remember thee!

    5 of our most elite highest member guild members constantly getting
    wiped in there. I remember when i was the final survivor against the
    boss, and i died when he was 1 hit away from death. God i swore like a
    sailor that day.

    Alas, now i can solo the whole thing without taking damage. Its just
    not the same man /cry

    --

    Alastair Foster wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:24:36 GMT, RogerM
    > <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >

    > >Christian Stauffer wrote:
    > >
    > >> In my eyes, it seems to be working. I would join for gathering qs as soon
    > >> as I find someone who's obviously doing the quest too. Why? Because I'm
    > >> at a point in the game where I play teamed more than 90% of the time,
    > >> and playing solo feels like a grind for me :o) And it's always funnier
    > >> to not play alone. Plus, it's additional safety in contested territory.
    > >>

    > >Absolutely. It's the grouping that I play for. I only spend a minimum of time
    > >grouping, but that's when the game is FUN. The other stuff - grinding,
    > >exploring and crafting are interesting, but still work rather than fun.
    > >
    > >The other day I went through Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar. It was my first
    > >experience in an instance, and some rough going getting the other players
    > >(who were all strangers to me) to co-ordinate their efforts. After a few
    > >problems, we did get it together and started working as a team. It was then a
    > >joy to be part of the adventure. That's the gameplay I was looking for when I
    > >joined WoW.
    >
    > Ahh RFC how i remember thee!
    >
    > 5 of our most elite highest member guild members constantly getting
    > wiped in there. I remember when i was the final survivor against the
    > boss, and i died when he was 1 hit away from death. God i swore like a
    > sailor that day.

    Yeah. I know what you mean. :)

    > Alas, now i can solo the whole thing without taking damage. Its just
    > not the same man /cry

    Just start a new character. It won't be quite the same, but you should recapture
    some of the magic.

    "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>:

    > Absolutely. It's the grouping that I play for. I only spend a minimum of time
    > grouping, but that's when the game is FUN. The other stuff - grinding,
    > exploring and crafting are interesting, but still work rather than fun.
    >
    > The other day I went through Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar. It was my first
    > experience in an instance, and some rough going getting the other players
    > (who were all strangers to me) to co-ordinate their efforts. After a few
    > problems, we did get it together and started working as a team. It was then a
    > joy to be part of the adventure. That's the gameplay I was looking for when I
    > joined WoW.

    Hrm... I guess you are somewhere between 14 and 18 now? Most likely,
    the time you spend grouped will seriously raise until you hit 25.

    You'll have lots of bad experiences with people that don't play their
    class like you guess it would be right, and people that are just
    greedy. But, all in all, it makes the whole thing a lot more
    interesting :o)

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    In article <4292FEDE.61591F43@ns.sympatico.ca>,
    RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

    > After two weeks in WoW (admittedly, with very little of it grouping), I have
    > some
    > suggestions:
    >
    > 1 - Eliminate the whole 'bind on pickup' mechanic. It causes way too many
    > problems
    > and hurt feelings.

    NO NO NO NO NO NO

    This is one of the very few things we have that keeps farmers from
    completely overwhelming the game. BAD idea.

    > 2 - Just roll for everything. Greed is a prime motivator in the game, and
    > only the
    > good sports will play fair. Which means they will suffer when grouping with
    > others
    > who are not so reasonable. One way or another, everyone can use everything
    > that
    > drops.

    No, I like options, and when you're running high end raids, you want
    options to handle the drops - end game drops are a completely different
    animal, and rolling on everything would completely disrupt the end game.

    Or, for example, recently I was bored and decided to go solo the
    Deadmines (44 Rogue). I ran into a couple of people in their 20's at the
    entrance, and they asked for my help, so I said sure, and in we went -
    and we had a BLAST. Really fun folk - nobody knew each other, so tehre
    was no "insider" stuff going on (try partying with 4 real life
    freinds...ugh...). One of the group kept winning every roll. I passed on
    everything, there's not much in the Deadmines i can use, I was'nt on any
    mission to make money, so it was no big deal. One of our players lost
    every roll, so we all decided, the next two drops are hers. The only way
    we could have decided that was to have options. She got some really nice
    stuff, we all got some karma points, and we had a really good afternoon.

    > 3 - Chests need to be bound to the party. Has Blizzard explained why it is
    > not like
    > this? Another alternative would be to turn on the PvP flag of anyone opening
    > chest.

    In the long run, chests really aren't that spectacular, I've yet to get
    anything really worth bragging about out of one, generally it's food,
    herbs, potions, and cloth. A few times, in pickup groups, we've rolled
    for the right to open it, and I passed, as I'm generally equipped and
    stocked up before I go in.

    > 4 - Join a guild with specific hard rules about looting, and only group with
    > them. I
    > don't know if such guilds exist, but it seems like a good idea.

    Most guildies I've run with had established rules, and generally when I
    group, they tell me what rules they go by. I have no problems with any
    rules, and most of the time it works. I've also run in groups with no
    rules, and it worked itself out.

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:08:52 +0100, Alastair Foster
    <uncleSPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMchibi@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >>4 - Join a guild with specific hard rules about looting, and only group with them. I
    >>don't know if such guilds exist, but it seems like a good idea.
    >
    >I am a guilder leader, and when we group its normally a free for all
    >on green items. They arent that hard to find, and you could buy them
    >easy enough on AH.
    >
    >However, on blue and above we take into consideration who would it be
    >most useful for and roll accordingly.

    We have what I think is a nice system - still relies on a bit of trust
    - so no good for pick up groups. Loot set to roll for green or better.
    We quickly type N for need (i.e. it must be upgrade for that char) or
    V for vendor (or alts etc). If anyone has typed N then they roll and
    rest pass (oviously if just one person - they get it by default) and
    if noone types N then we all roll.

    Once you start its very quick and keeps the game moving along without
    big discussions.

    Cheers

    "Gavin Ramsay" <gav@herringbone.org> wrote:

    > Can you explain BoE, BoP, n/v looting please? They don't google, and
    > they're not in the only abbreviation thread I've found ;)

    BOE: Bind on equip. The item is bound to you the moment you wear it.
    BOP: Bind on pickup. The item is bound to you the moment you pick it
    up.
    N/V: As soon as a roll-window appears, you type N (need, that means
    you're going to wear it as it is an upgrade to your current gear)
    or V (vendor, that means you will sell it, disenchant it, or
    send it to your alt/friend).
    When all type "V", everyone rolls. If one or more members type
    "N", the ones who typed "V" pass.

    Chris

    --

    Christian Stauffer <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

    > "Gavin Ramsay" <gav@herringbone.org> wrote:
    >
    > > Can you explain BoE, BoP, n/v looting please? They don't google, and
    > > they're not in the only abbreviation thread I've found ;)
    >
    > BOE: Bind on equip. The item is bound to you the moment you wear it.
    > BOP: Bind on pickup. The item is bound to you the moment you pick it
    > up.
    > N/V: As soon as a roll-window appears, you type N (need, that means
    > you're going to wear it as it is an upgrade to your current gear)
    > or V (vendor, that means you will sell it, disenchant it, or
    > send it to your alt/friend).
    > When all type "V", everyone rolls. If one or more members type
    > "N", the ones who typed "V" pass.
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks, Chris

    that n/v system's a good, fast idea.

    I hate wasting time on pickups - I'd be happiest if we rolled on
    everything, and i'd willingly give away items free to anyone who asks
    just to save time ;) but I'm still in the 20s and not seeing any real
    amazing items in drops. All my worn stuff is from AH.

    Gav

    In article <o6d6911jmofgm4d9ttq4urecbiis0ih57c@4ax.com>,
    Justin Thompson <JustinThompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

    > We have what I think is a nice system - still relies on a bit of trust
    > - so no good for pick up groups. Loot set to roll for green or better.
    > We quickly type N for need (i.e. it must be upgrade for that char) or
    > V for vendor (or alts etc). If anyone has typed N then they roll and
    > rest pass (oviously if just one person - they get it by default) and
    > if noone types N then we all roll.
    >
    > Once you start its very quick and keeps the game moving along without
    > big discussions.

    FYI, that system is in common use with "N" and "G" (for "greed"), just
    in case you get a new guy who types "g" instead of "v" :)

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):

    >FYI, that system is in common use with "N" and "G" (for "greed"), just
    >in case you get a new guy who types "g" instead of "v" :)

    Thanks for the tip. Such a radical departure from what I am used to
    would certainly have thrown me into total confusion and made me
    completely unable to function.

    ;-)

    Cheers

    In article <qcf691l7n6pg0q05cadt44idhjget9kdnn@4ax.com>,
    Justin Thompson <JustinThompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

    > >FYI, that system is in common use with "N" and "G" (for "greed"), just
    > >in case you get a new guy who types "g" instead of "v" :)

    > Thanks for the tip. Such a radical departure from what I am used to
    > would certainly have thrown me into total confusion and made me
    > completely unable to function.

    You jest, but I have been in groups where the deviant would be flayed
    alive and left for the blobs, were he to disrupt the long-standing party
    tradition in this way...

    "Some people are too serious" <g>

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):
    Chum, Gnome warlock, Bronzebeard
    Tost, Dwarven rogue, Bronzebeard
    Meadow, Night elf priest, Bronzebeard
    Harmany, Undead mage, Dethecus
    <http://www.ManyFriends.com/WoW/PhotoAlbum/>
    Aka "Misc" -- If you don't remove your pants, I won't get your email.

    >> Alas, now i can solo the whole thing without taking damage. Its just
    >> not the same man /cry
    >>

    >Just start a new character. It won't be quite the same, but you should recapture
    >some of the magic.

    Hehe. It just wouldnt be the same. I remember it well we were all in
    Ogrimmar, and one of us discovered a "glowing stargate" and we were
    all confused what it was (we were such n00bs). We went in there and
    were beaten up by a snake :-)

    --

    RogerM wrote:
    > After two weeks in WoW (admittedly, with very little of it grouping), I have some
    > suggestions:
    >
    > 1 - Eliminate the whole 'bind on pickup' mechanic. It causes way too many problems
    > and hurt feelings.

    Eliminating it would mean that every single item in the game would be
    mercilessly farmed and dumped on the Auction House, and that buying gold
    for real cash could net you gear as good as that possessed by the most
    dedicated players. A terrible idea.

    > 2 - Just roll for everything. Greed is a prime motivator in the game, and only the
    > good sports will play fair. Which means they will suffer when grouping with others
    > who are not so reasonable. One way or another, everyone can use everything that
    > drops.

    I agree that everyone should roll for everything that is not Bind on
    Pickup, but since I don't agree that BoP should be eliminated, a form of
    need before greed has to say.

    > 3 - Chests need to be bound to the party. Has Blizzard explained why it is not like
    > this?

    Chests are supposed to be different to normal loot, and they are
    supposed to cause interaction with other players. If they were bound to
    the player/party that tagged the chest's "owner", then what's the point
    of them? Why not just give the monsters more loot?

    Chest-ninjaing is a social problem, you need to find a social solution.

    > Another alternative would be to turn on the PvP flag of anyone opening a
    > chest.

    I play on a PvP server so I can't comment on this suggestion..

    > 4 - Join a guild with specific hard rules about looting, and only group with them. I
    > don't know if such guilds exist, but it seems like a good idea.

    Oh, I think you'll find it very easy to find guilds with clear and fair
    looting rules. A great many people DO group only (or almost only) with
    their guildmates.

    Cheers!
    David...

    RogerM ytrede sig i <429320F1.D163623E@ns.sympatico.ca> med dette:

    >Alastair Foster wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:24:36 GMT, RogerM
    >> <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >> >Absolutely. It's the grouping that I play for. I only spend a minimum of time
    >> >grouping, but that's when the game is FUN. The other stuff - grinding,
    >> >exploring and crafting are interesting, but still work rather than fun.
    >> >
    >> >The other day I went through Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar. It was my first
    >> >experience in an instance, and some rough going getting the other players
    >> >(who were all strangers to me) to co-ordinate their efforts. After a few
    >> >problems, we did get it together and started working as a team. It was then a
    >> >joy to be part of the adventure. That's the gameplay I was looking for when I
    >> >joined WoW.
    >>
    >> Ahh RFC how i remember thee!
    >>
    >> 5 of our most elite highest member guild members constantly getting
    >> wiped in there. I remember when i was the final survivor against the
    >> boss, and i died when he was 1 hit away from death. God i swore like a
    >> sailor that day.
    >>

    >Yeah. I know what you mean. :)
    >

    >> Alas, now i can solo the whole thing without taking damage. Its just
    >> not the same man /cry
    >>

    >Just start a new character. It won't be quite the same, but you should recapture
    >some of the magic.

    Hehe, that place really scared me, I can't remember what level I was
    with my main char when I first went there, but I've started several
    other classes and they're currently ready to go there now and I'm really
    looking forward to the thrill.

    My main now goes there reguarly for stuff to disenchant, so I can put
    minor beastslaying on the blades for my other chars and those of my
    friends. The instance that once felt huge and dangerous are now just a
    little funny pass time, when in Org.
    --
    Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
    "When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:15:48 GMT, RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>
    scribed into the ether:

    >After two weeks in WoW (admittedly, with very little of it grouping), I have some
    >suggestions:
    >
    >1 - Eliminate the whole 'bind on pickup' mechanic. It causes way too many problems
    >and hurt feelings.

    Not having BoP would cause a great many more problems which would be
    considerably worse for the game in the long run.

    Alastair Foster ytrede sig i
    <v2479110uamups81tl39sfu67a337mppka@4ax.com> med dette:

    >>> Alas, now i can solo the whole thing without taking damage. Its just
    >>> not the same man /cry
    >>>

    >>Just start a new character. It won't be quite the same, but you should recapture
    >>some of the magic.
    >>

    >Hehe. It just wouldnt be the same. I remember it well we were all in
    >Ogrimmar, and one of us discovered a "glowing stargate" and we were
    >all confused what it was (we were such n00bs). We went in there and
    >were beaten up by a snake :-)

    LOL, what level was that?

    First quest to Org. is the butcher quest from XR, no other quests leads
    you that way, and you should have reached lvl 10 by the time you got to
    XR.

    I know the priests get send that way as lvl 10 by the trainer in XR, but
    do other classes too? (don't tell me which if so, I wanna explore the
    quests of the different classes myself).
    --

    "ASKF" <nospam@askf.dk> wrote in message
    > Alastair Foster ytrede sig i
    >>Hehe. It just wouldnt be the same. I remember it well we were all in
    >>Ogrimmar, and one of us discovered a "glowing stargate" and we were
    >>all confused what it was (we were such n00bs). We went in there and
    >>were beaten up by a snake :-)
    >
    > LOL, what level was that?

    Probably Ragefire Chasm. I started out Alliance,
    and only rolled up a Hordie when my main server
    was down. Rolled 'im up on a RP server, and went
    to explore places I'd never seen.

    "Wow...Ragefire Chasm, sounds neat..."
    SMACK!!!
    DIE
    "Well, it at least has a better name than 'Deadmines'."

Video Games