Transparent Icon Labels?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am having trouble with my desktop icons unable to become
transparent. I have selected the "Use drop shadows for
icon labels on the desktop" option and made sure
that "Lock web items on desktop" is NOT selected. I have
also inactivated Active Desktop, but to no avail. The
icons will not become transparent. Any suggestions?

Dan

Right click on desktop. Select Properties, then open Desktop tab.
Click on the Customize Desktop button, then open the Web tab.
Delete everything in the Web Pages box except, My Current Home Page.
Press OK, then Apply, and maybe OK again.
You may have to restart for settings to take effect.