Best char to solo elites?

Thinking about making a character to farm elite dragons for scales in the
distant future. I went for a rogue, but you guys got a tip for a better
soloer? Don't say warlock, because that is my main, and he doesn't have
skinning. And I don't want to make the same char again.

Cheers,
Agin

Well, even though you want to make a new character, Warlocks *DO* solo
Elites really well. That's just the truth.

But for farming Dragons, I'd consider a Druid. They have a spell that
works just like Banish but for Dragonkin instead of Demons. Plus
there's no substitute for Stealth and a nice travel form when it comes
to gather-toons. The only downside about the Druid is their DPS isn't
great.

Other than that, consider a Mage. Sure, it's alot like the Warlock, but
with far superior AoE damage you can farm huge numbers of grey mobs
*very* quickly.

And then there's Hunters. They make good solo'ers too. But against
Dragons they have nothing special that the Warlock doesn't as well (ie
Pet to tank).

> Thinking about making a character to farm elite dragons for scales
> in the distant future.

Which dragons did you hav ein mind?

Druids can certainly do the job. I suspect Shaman and Paladins can too.
The real key is not DPS but being able to take a beating and self heal.

I can solo the Devilsaurs (which yeild the most profitable skinnging
drops in the game, I believe) in Un'goro Crater if I don't pick up
adds, which can be tough as they do fear you. Remember, not all elites
are created equal. I can solo the 59 elite boss Yeti in Winterspring
fairly easily, but the 58 elite Zombies in the town south of Stratholme
are completely out of reach.

Regards,
Noal

> Paladin. I might not be as fast as some others, but the combination of
> plate-armor and self-heal makes me nearly impossible to kill. Rogue can
> probably farm lower-level elites, but anything reasonably close in level
> will live through the stunlock and then eat them alive.

Problem is tho, I play Horde :)
I was aiming for the red and blue dragonkin in Wetlands, Winterspring and
Aszhara. So I guess I continue with engineering/mining for my rogue. That
leaves me with 6 other characters. Got 1 of each, the warlock at 60, rest
from 7-21.

Agin

Druid, hmm.... 2nd choice is .... Druid, and 3th is ...... Druid !!!

well there's got to be a better class than Rogues to do it with, I can tell
you that. The elite Blue Dragonkin's in Azshara are tedious and painful
with a Rogue. Yes, I kill them, but I can only attack the melee ones
because the ranged ones don't care if I snare or slow their run speed with
poisons. And even the melee ones are dangerous because they have a lot of
hit points and rogues don't have heal spells.

Despite your reluctance, a Warlock or Hunter is the go-to class for Dragon
hunting. Kiting is basically the safest way to bring one down.

Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, miss your 5-point Kidney Shot with your rogue on
an elite dragonkin and it's time to hit the Vanish button.

"Mroczny Baranek" <mroczny@baranek.No_sPaM.eu.org> wrote:

> Druid, hmm.... 2nd choice is .... Druid, and 3th is ...... Druid !!!

Thanks god this came from someone else :)
However, soloing elites means to outlast them, which means some sort
of healing is at least very useful, if not even required. I guess a
shaman would do an even better job due to his better offensive
abilities. I would say shamen/palas or druids are the right classes
for this job.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]