Desktop icons

Can anyone please tell me why the titles under my desktop have blue
backgrounds.
Regards
mark
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons

    Hi Mark,

    Follow these steps to return the Icon text background to transparent.

    Right click My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Performance and put
    the check mark in Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.

    You may also need to right click the Desktop - Arrange Icons By and
    uncheck Lock Web Items on Desktop.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Big mark wrote:
    > Can anyone please tell me why the titles under my desktop
    > have blue backgrounds.
    > Regards
    > mark

    did not work
    Thanks
    Mark

    Hi, sorry my English but i'm Portuguese :-)

    I've got a problem with O.S. XP, after i formated my disk and installed the
    WinXP, the icons in my desktop stay fix, i can't move them, and the
    autoarrange is not selected...

    Can anyone help me?

    This is so Strange.... :-(

    Thanks

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi Mark,
    >
    > Follow these steps to return the Icon text background to transparent.
    >
    > Right click My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Performance and put
    > the check mark in Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.
    >
    > You may also need to right click the Desktop - Arrange Icons By and
    > uncheck Lock Web Items on Desktop.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > Big mark wrote:
    > > Can anyone please tell me why the titles under my desktop
    > > have blue backgrounds.
    > > Regards
    > > mark

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP