Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New build. need opinions!

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 6, 2012 3:17:00 PM


GPU: MSI HD7950 3GB GDDR5 900Mhz), DVI, HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, Windforce x3
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K - 3.5 GHz
MB: MSI Z77A-G45 - Motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - USB 3.0
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 Series - Solid state drive - 120 GB
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO650W - Powersupply - ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - Miditower - ATX
Ram: Corsair DDR3 PC1600 8GB CL9 kit VENGEANCE
DVD: Samsung SH-222AB - Disk drev - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM
Fans: Fan 120m*120m Enermax CLUSTER X2

More about : build opinions

July 6, 2012 3:39:37 PM

It's a computer... Some information about what you'd like to use the computer for would be helpful.
July 6, 2012 4:08:12 PM

namdlo said:
It's a computer... Some information about what you'd like to use the computer for would be helpful.



ooh yes Of course, im sry. ok soo. my budget is 1400 dollars, and it will be used for gaiming, editing, and multitasking : )
Related resources
July 6, 2012 4:51:06 PM

On a $1400 build - I'd put way more into the case and everything else. The extra case fans will be useless until you get your build up and running. Try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1243.89
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

Add OS, whatever peripherals or monitor you want and you're good to go.
July 6, 2012 4:56:00 PM

For $20 more, he can get a beefed up EVGA FTW. Worth the $20 IMO.
July 6, 2012 5:51:40 PM

g-unit1111 said:
On a $1400 build - I'd put way more into the case and everything else. The extra case fans will be useless until you get your build up and running. Try this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1243.89
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

Add OS, whatever peripherals or monitor you want and you're good to go.






but why. please tell me why i shuold drop all my thing and buy your build? i wanna know whats wrong with my own or else i will never learn anything dude : /. and why have you choosen the parts you did and so on... ? : )
July 6, 2012 6:08:58 PM

btw whats wrong with the Motherboard.????. : /. seriuosly i wanna know : D
July 6, 2012 6:34:41 PM

LabbaGames said:
but why. please tell me why i shuold drop all my thing and buy your build? i wanna know whats wrong with my own or else i will never learn anything dude : /. and why have you choosen the parts you did and so on... ? : )


The GTX 670 is a better choice than the Radeon 7950 for the same price. The motherboard is OK, I'm not the biggest fan of MSI, the SSD isn't a good choice (mainly due to the unstable Sandforce controller used), and I'd put a bit more into the case and forgo the extra fans - you won't be able to use them until you get your system up and running anyways. The Antec 1100 has better air flow than the Elite 430 does. I also included a second hard drive.

Quote:
btw whats wrong with the Motherboard.????. : /. seriuosly i wanna know : D


It's an OK choice - I just prefer Gigabyte, I have that same board and I like the 3-D BIOS that's included - it makes things incredibly easy.
!