CPU Temperature

Hi i have the AMD Fx-8120 Black edition cpu. I'm using the Corsair H60 CPU water cooling system and today I ran a prime95 "small fft" test for 2 hours. My computer was stable and according to ASUS AI Suite II my CPU tempature was around 75-85 celcius. I have googled my CPU specification and it says Maximum operating temperature: 61 Celsius. Is this bad that I went over the maximum temperature? I have let it run for 2 hours so did it cause any damage to my CPU?
What is the maximum temperature according to Asus AI SuiteII i should allow my CPU to run on prime 95?
Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about temperature
  1. Try coretemp or some other software for monitoring temps. Also check the fitting on your heatsink and be sure it's flush with the cpu.
  2. ifarted said:
    Hi i have the AMD Fx-8120 Black edition cpu. I'm using the Corsair H60 CPU water cooling system and today I ran a prime95 "small fft" test for 2 hours. My computer was stable and according to ASUS AI Suite II my CPU tempature was around 75-85 celcius. I have googled my CPU specification and it says Maximum operating temperature: 61 Celsius. Is this bad that I went over the maximum temperature? I have let it run for 2 hours so did it cause any damage to my CPU?
    What is the maximum temperature according to Asus AI SuiteII i should allow my CPU to run on prime 95?
    Thank you

something wrong there , either water is not circulating , thermal paste not applied properly , or a badread on temp . I would not let my AMD PII run over 85c for more than a few hours . I use logiysis mc3002gx cooler and temps o mt OC'ed @3.9 PII never gets over 53c @100% ALL CORES STRESSED .
    Check temp with Hardware Monitor or some other software , if temps still high check paste ,and if water is circulating .

Good luck
  3. Make that would not let it run at 65c for a few hours , not 85c .
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Temperature