Sign in with
Your question

CPU Temperature

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Temperature
Last response: in CPUs
November 15, 2012 6:51:48 PM

Hi i have the AMD Fx-8120 Black edition cpu. I'm using the Corsair H60 CPU water cooling system and today I ran a prime95 "small fft" test for 2 hours. My computer was stable and according to ASUS AI Suite II my CPU tempature was around 75-85 celcius. I have googled my CPU specification and it says Maximum operating temperature: 61 Celsius. Is this bad that I went over the maximum temperature? I have let it run for 2 hours so did it cause any damage to my CPU?
What is the maximum temperature according to Asus AI SuiteII i should allow my CPU to run on prime 95?
Thank you

More about : cpu temperature

a c 159 à CPUs
November 15, 2012 7:12:47 PM

Try coretemp or some other software for monitoring temps. Also check the fitting on your heatsink and be sure it's flush with the cpu.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 15, 2012 8:09:43 PM

ifarted said:
Hi i have the AMD Fx-8120 Black edition cpu. I'm using the Corsair H60 CPU water cooling system and today I ran a prime95 "small fft" test for 2 hours. My computer was stable and according to ASUS AI Suite II my CPU tempature was around 75-85 celcius. I have googled my CPU specification and it says Maximum operating temperature: 61 Celsius. Is this bad that I went over the maximum temperature? I have let it run for 2 hours so did it cause any damage to my CPU?
What is the maximum temperature according to Asus AI SuiteII i should allow my CPU to run on prime 95?
Thank you

something wrong there , either water is not circulating , thermal paste not applied properly , or a badread on temp . I would not let my AMD PII run over 85c for more than a few hours . I use logiysis mc3002gx cooler and temps o mt OC'ed @3.9 PII never gets over 53c @100% ALL CORES STRESSED .
Check temp with Hardware Monitor or some other software , if temps still high check paste ,and if water is circulating .

Good luck
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 15, 2012 8:10:44 PM

Make that would not let it run at 65c for a few hours , not 85c .
m
l
!