Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Thanx from the dumb one

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2012 2:29:48 PM

I just want to say thanx to all of you here at Tom's Hardware. All of you have been so nice and kind to me. The only thing that I dislike is having to select a best answer. So PLEASE, no one get mad because all the answers are the best. Every tidbit of info is helpful in one way or another. Eventually everyone who has replied to me will be selected as best answer. I just got up so if i have forgotten to thank you please forgive me. A special thanks goes to mousemonkey for telling me where and what PM means and a very special thanx goes to Mr. Rick. For those who don't know yet, Mr. Rick is sending me the parts to get my MSI mother board up and running. I have never had so many people that has wanted to help me like this before. For those who offered to help also gets a special thanx, like raidinn, ohmybad, uncle jimmy, ( I'm sorry can't remember the other names right now), and all the other, you know who you are. Okay I went back to my thread and got the other names. Thanx to Refillable and 474545b for telling me NOT to put my address and email in regular post. thank you 474545b for wanting to get the prts for me. Thanx goes out to sunius, scout_03, quilciri, bystander, and energy96 :bounce: 

More about : dumb

a c 181 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 2:10:18 AM

I will bet everybody that you listed are not on here to be selected as best answers or I should feel that they arn't. Because I don't care if I get chosen the best answer. I am on here to offer help.

I am not the most knowledgeable person infact I am still learning things on here eveyday from people like you and the ones you gave credit to. So If I ever help you in the fucture and you selected someone else it would not affend me.

My reward is if I was able in helping the person fix there problem. That is why I am on here. I do hope all the people who have helped you will read your thread and it should make them proud. Cheers.
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 2:32:43 AM

Your welcome a thank for me is appreciated since my rewards is helping and not searching for best answer.My goal is to help the one who need it,for a retired man my hobby is computer so for me helping the other is a pleasure.Have fun with your system and if you need help come back there always be somebody around to help you.Merci a toi byotch
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2012 3:28:12 AM

DM186 said:
I will bet everybody that you listed are not on here to be selected as best answers or I should feel that they arn't. Because I don't care if I get chosen the best answer. I am on here to offer help.

I am not the most knowledgeable person infact I am still learning things on here eveyday from people like you and the ones you gave credit to. So If I ever help you in the fucture and you selected someone else it would not affend me.

My reward is if I was able in helping the person fix there problem. That is why I am on here. I do hope all the people who have helped you will read your thread and it should make them proud. Cheers.

DM186 that was really nice for you to say and that is why I love to get on Tom's Hardware because of the people here. If you have noticed my avatar it is a flaming phoenix. I may not be able to walk but because of people like you and others here I am able to fly to new heights. My freind J... and her husband D.... took me to golden corral today for Mother's Day {however i am not a mom} and even gave me a present. It is the 8th Edition of computer concepts and it even has a cd-rom with it!! Now I have something i can read and learn from. It was their 12yr old daughter whom i built a lowend gateway for last year. It has a 1.33ghz cpu, 80gig hdd, and cd burner. it wasn't nothing special or great but A... LOVES it and thanx me every time she is around. since have have no sibling she is the only niece i have. Since we both have skype we video chat at least once a day. Again you are most kind SIR DM186 :hello: 
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 3:39:20 AM

Thank you for your most kind words and you are very welcome and thank you for sharing that story it gives me strengh to continue in believing that there are very nice and good decent people still around.

When you hear all the bad things around the world that is going on. So again Thank you.
m
l
May 14, 2012 3:48:30 AM

:hello: 
scout_03 said:
Your welcome a thank for me is appreciated since my rewards is helping and not searching for best answer.My goal is to help the one who need it,for a retired man my hobby is computer so for me helping the other is a pleasure.Have fun with your system and if you need help come back there always be somebody around to help you.Merci a toi byotch

scout-03 until i found this site i didn't socialize. I don't use facebook, myspace, or even yearbook because there is always someone on there starting some type of drama. I love this site because of all the people here. they have the same interests as i do. Iknow, i know being a pc geek isn't a girlie thing but without my pc to shop for clothes or anything else I don't know what i would do. if it wasn't for my nurse and my friend J... i would not even have food in the house they do all my grocery shopping they will not let me go with them (they're not being mean) because they know that i will buy food that I am not suppose to have. So I don't complain too much (haha), Sir are you in any way of French descent? The reason i ask is because of the Merci a toi at the end of your reply i think it's french but if i am wrong please forgive me and if you don't mind would you please tell me what it means. I do have a qusetion for you. Would you mind telling now to get to my PMs. I had to save an email from Mr. Rick to get back to them. Thank you for your kind words and may you have a very prospers life
m
l
May 14, 2012 4:07:06 AM

DM186 said:
Thank you for your most kind words and you are very welcome and thank you for sharing that story it gives me strengh to continue in believing that there are very nice and good decent people still around.

When you hear all the bad things around the world that is going on. So again Thank you.

The day i posted about the graphic card i was literally in tears. A dell tech had told me that ws the card i needed and when it didn't work i contacted via pc and they either couldn't or wouldn't help. that is when i went to this site and the people here was so nice and was really trying to help. Well to make a long story short everyone, just by their kindness and honest replies made me feel better. sure $ 13.80 isn't a lot but it was money that i really couldn't afford and the whole time i was typing i was crying (you know thats a girl thing haha), so now i have decided that i will never own another product by dell not even a keyboard since they evidently don't know what they are talking about. I was ready to give up but the people here gave me the strenght to keep on keeping on. JUST in case you didn't know Mr. Rick is sending me a 7750 black edition AMD cpu for my new msi mobo and some other parts un fact a whole pc except for the case. The reason he is doing that is cause i was going to gave a friend this dell when i got the MSI up and running, Guess he feels by dell like i do lol. i don't know a lot but if i can ever help you with info or parts i am more than willing to do so. I LOVE THIS SITE :love: 
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 11:37:57 PM

Well you found a friend here and it goes both ways and you take care and we will see you around on here. All you have to do is look us all up and send a personal message to any of us.

Mr. Rick sounds like a very nice man. People like him are very scarce. Good luck to you.
m
l
May 15, 2012 3:48:55 AM

DM186 said:
Well you found a friend here and it goes both ways and you take care and we will see you around on here. All you have to do is look us all up and send a personal message to any of us.

Mr. Rick sounds like a very nice man. People like him are very scarce. Good luck to you.

Mr. Rick is actually here on Tom's Hardware. if ima not mistaken his user name is rick_criswell. Thanx for being a friend. don't take tyhis the wrong way i have a very big heart and i love everyone even those who take advantage of me. I look at it this way what goes around comes around. i had Pm Mr. Rick me shipping address abd gave him my email address and i haven't heard anything else from him. Well he did pm me and said he had all the info he needed so he is probably just gonna ship me the parts. I guess i will send him another PM if i can find out how to get to my PMs. Just remember you have a friend here in the great southern state of Georgia and if i van ever be of any help please let me know. The MSI mobo already has 4gig ram I only have pata hdds but there is also 2 sata sockets. I have read the docs and it says to hook the primary drive to the IDE cable, And what is a pc-e1 socket for. I am really excite bout having a better pc the AMD 7750 black edition is a 2.7ghz cpu which with the 4gig ram will roughly be 65 to 70% faster than the system ima using now. I noticed your system specs sound like you have a superior system. I am happy for you. This smilley face kinda shows how gaga i am about get the new pc :pt1cable: 
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 3:59:06 AM

hi byotch to get your pm on forum just look on top of the page where it's mark message and if you got 1 it wil show the number of message you got press it to acces your pm you can also send pm to a member by pressing the green envelope in te member answer.happy day to you from the friend of the north
m
l
May 15, 2012 4:30:22 AM

scout_03 said:
hi byotch to get your pm on forum just look on top of the page where it's mark message and if you got 1 it wil show the number of message you got press it to acces your pm you can also send pm to a member by pressing the green envelope in te member answer.happy day to you from the friend of the north
Thanx you. Once i get the new pc up I will probably want to save up and add a sound card and a graphic card.If you can tell me which ones will be best for the lowest price ( will habe to save up for them). Here are the specs for the MSI mobo specs. Mobo # is K9N6PGM2 design based on the MCP(P)62/MCP(S)61/MCP(V)61 chipset. It has 1 PC_E1 SOCKET, 1PC_E2 SOCKET, 1 FDD SOCKET, 2 SATA SOCKETS, and 1 IDE socket dual channel. it has 4gig ram, and will have a 7759 am2 cpu @ 2.7ghz. The reason i am asking i have the following games which i cannot play now; BLOOD RAYNE, ELDERS SCROLLS, DAGGERDALE, AMNESIA, WITCHS AND VAMPIRES, PRINCE OF PERSIA SANDS OF TIME, AND BALDURS GATE. If these games will play and sound okay without the above please let me know
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 5:06:34 AM

maybe you wont need a sound card if this one got the onboard ,for the graphic we will have to wait what will be the psu you gone have then it will be easier to suggest you a graphic card.be around when you need more help fot this set up
m
l
May 15, 2012 1:10:59 PM

scout_03 said:
maybe you wont need a sound card if this one got the onboard ,for the graphic we will have to wait what will be the psu you gone have then it will be easier to suggest you a graphic card.be around when you need more help fot this set up

psu is an ATX switching power supply 450w if that is any help. trying to contact person who gave tower to me about onboard sound. Just got text msg says it has onboard sound, docs says mobo does not support ati x550, x700, x800, x850, or x1800xl graphic cards :) 
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 4:33:15 PM

usualy the onboard sound is on the motherboard,ask rick witch card it was using for graphic on this board since it already have a onboard video chipset maybe you wont have to buy a graphic card to play your games
m
l
May 15, 2012 4:48:57 PM

scout_03 said:
usualy the onboard sound is on the motherboard,ask rick witch card it was using for graphic on this board since it already have a onboard video chipset maybe you wont have to buy a graphic card to play your games

This mobo that I am talking about was given to me by a local friend. Since I have the docs on it I can tell you what chipset it is using. The Nvidia mcp(p)61/mcp(s)61/mcp(v)61. I have an ati x700 vid card but doc says it will not work, also have a Radeon hd3650 8x agp with 1gig ddr2 mem( no agp slot on this mobo) Rick is sending me an asus mobo w/ intel p3. That is for a friend he doesn't want my friend to have to deal with this dell
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 5:00:22 PM

what is the name mark on the board and if you could send the link of the maker,that will help to find if this board use pci-e or pci-e 1 for the graphic card
m
l
May 15, 2012 5:11:50 PM

scout_03 said:
what is the name mark on the board and if you could send the link of the maker,that will help to find if this board use pci-e or pci-e 1 for the graphic card

Docs says pci-e2 x16 slot, have book with the specs. This is the slots/connectors/sockets on this mobo. 1 pci_e1, 1 pci_e2, 1 fdd, 1 IDE, 2 pci, 2 sata
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 5:13:50 PM

write the number you got on the book this is the board one
m
l
May 15, 2012 5:21:11 PM

scout_03 said:
write the number you got on the book this is the board one

K9N6PGM2 MSI mobo
m
l
May 15, 2012 6:33:51 PM

scout_03 said:
your board supoort pci-e x16 ,there is some card on tiger direct call them or tchat with them and see what they suggest for your board http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/guided...

Thanx. now i have heard some bad things bout tiger direct. one is that they will sell a refurbished component as new and that they will not give you credit or exchange for a DOA item. i have never dealt with them but have dealt with new egg and microcenter but since you recommended it i will give thema call and see what they offer
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 6:37:01 PM

just see what they suggest dont buy it now ,newegg only have a few of them gone look at microcenter
m
l
May 15, 2012 7:19:52 PM

scout_03 said:
just see what they suggest dont buy it now ,newegg only have a few of them gone look at microcenter

Just got off line chat recommended a GIGABYTE GeForce 210 model # is g452-0214 has 1gig ddr3 mem onit.will that work since i only have ddr2 on the pc???
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 7:40:49 PM

this will work ddr3 is on the card and ddr2 is your system microcenter got one half of the price witch store is near your place
m
l
May 15, 2012 7:47:53 PM

scout_03 said:
this will work ddr3 is on the card and ddr2 is your system microcenter got one half of the price witch store is near your place

the one in atlanta Ga.
m
l

Best solution

a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 8:02:41 PM

they got this one http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml... could you ask the person who give you the motherboard if she could go with you when you decide to buy this card to ask her to make shure it will work correctly and wont spend money for nothing,since it how the card before it would be a great help for you
May 15, 2012 9:11:48 PM

scout_03 said:
they got this one http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml... could you ask the person who give you the motherboard if she could go with you when you decide to buy this card to ask her to make shure it will work correctly and wont spend money for nothing,since it how the card before it would be a great help for you

I got a freind going up there on the 25th for his nephew's graduation he is kinda of a pc geek will have him check into it for me and if he has the money he will get it for me and let me pay him back the 1st of the month, Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have been up since 5am and had started hurting so i took a pain pill and laid down for about an hour. Once again I thank you for your help and support. I have 3 ballistix 1gig ddr2 mem stixs if you or anyone else needs them just let me know. they are absolutely free to anyone that can use them
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 9:27:11 PM

great happy for you be around for result when that new system work,now you could relax and wait till new system is build ,keep the memory until new system is working then you give them to someone who need it.
m
l
May 15, 2012 9:28:36 PM

Looks identical to the one at tiger direct and description is the same so it should work, just got off phone with friend and he said he would check it out for me and if it worked he would go ahead and get.Told him it was $41.99 before a $20.00 mail-in rebate said for me to just pay the $21.99 the 1st of the month :bounce: 
m
l
May 15, 2012 9:34:32 PM

scout_03 said:
great happy for you be around for result when that new system work,now you could relax and wait till new system is build ,keep the memory until new system is working then you give them to someone who need it.

Okay wiil hold on to mem just in case one of the 2 gig is bad on the mobo. I have already got xp pro 64bit and microsoft office 2010 64bit. just as soon as cpu get here i will be ready to rock and roll (get it roll wheelchair haha)
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 9:40:31 PM

you could even rock in a wheelchair better them some people that what we have in the heart that count
m
l
May 15, 2012 9:41:18 PM

Best answer selected by byotch.
m
l
!