Cheapest graphics card to max Diablo 3

internetswag

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

i5 2500k

z68 mobo

antec hcg 620w

dunno what the budget is, you decide.

Go look at some benchmarks. If op has a cheap 300w psu then the 7750 would do as no psu uo ograde.would be required. If op already has a psu that can support a 5770 then that would be the best bet.
If he was asking for system recommendations I.wouldnt be suggesting a card only but his only queston is what card at cheapest can run max. OP I direct you to an article on the toms homepage with a.list of cards for diablo 3.

Got Milk

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I might suggest you simply read the Tom's Hardware article/guide regarding the best GPU for your money. Here is the link: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-2.html

Additionally, there is no reason for some of the somewhat dismissive - verging on 'trolling' retorts within this small thread. While easy to formulate they add nothing to discussion and serve only to infect the forum(s).

internetswag

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

I must ask, where did you get the name gotmilk? It was my wow name for many years as well on 3 or 4 other forums

Interesting :D

Project X

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
6790 is a bad idea, it's a 6870 with disabled pieces that were not functional in the unit. Stay away from it, imo.

6770 is better than a 550ti, so definitely go with ati over nvidia here.
*770 should do you just fine for many games, in addition to diablo.

geotek

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Its difficult to say at this point without the full game out and just the beta to go on, I own several different computers at many different levels of performance and the beta (probably full game too) takes some fps drops in large fights, they are major drops on computers with weaker CPUs, notably dual cores. This is alleviated by turning physics from high to low. So when we talk about GPUs and "high settings" we should exclude the physics option as that's calculated by the CPU.

What card is the minimum for high settings depends on what you find as playable, some people are ok with going down to 30 fps, whereas people like myself need 50+ fps or it feels choppy. Because diablo 3 can have so much going on at once I think people under-estimate how much performance is needed, based on my experience with most of the ranges of gaming parts and the d3 beta, my recommendation for the cheapest smooth play for high settings would be a 6850 or equivalent for 1080p.

SystemOnChipGod

Honorable
May 13, 2012

psirohi

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Dude seriously? Please do us the courtesy of reading the posts... I am sure you have an opinion, but that doesn't make you right and the rest of the world wrong..

this is forum... there is no right answer.... its a reason its called best answer (if you ever get it) it is because you give the op a choice and your reasons, and he sees if it 'best 'fits his needs...

It's hilarious that you're trying to troll. 27 fps is NOT playable. Especially that it was benchmarked in beta, and there wasn't any big fights in there. Trust me, the fps will drop once you start getting better abilities with more animations, and play on higher difficulty too (more mobs on screen).

G

i'll agree it was a little crass and rude but since the OP asked "Cheapest graphics card to max Diablo 3"

he does have a point if the OP isn't worried about LOW FRAME RATES :lol:
high%201920.png

absorber

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

I used my 5770 in the beta. No lag at all, aside from brief choppy period of 5 seconds which I think might be my cpu(3x phenom II)'s fault. It worked fine on max.

SystemOnChipGod

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Like other on here, I run a 5770, it was in no way stressed during the beta. A 6670 is the right answer to his question. People that think there are multiple right answers to a question are those who can't math out the answer. The universe is defined in 0s and 1s what isn't and what is, it is a rational chain and there are logical paths. Whether you'd like to percieve one is up to you but computer questions with the words "best/cheapest" usually have 1 right answer. Unless there is price ranges in which giving multiple choices is then the correct course.