at 1080p
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 3:40:04 PM

Hd 5770/6770 will make you happy with D3 at a lower price
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 3:43:29 PM

Of course without know what psu or cpu you have, nobody can make an educated recommendation.

Also knowing your budget would help...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 3:47:44 PM

The cheapest! THat isnt a budget? haha
m
l
May 13, 2012 3:49:41 PM

geekapproved said:
Of course without know what psu or cpu you have, nobody can make an educated recommendation.

Also knowing your budget would help...

i5 2500k

z68 mobo

antec hcg 620w

dunno what the budget is, you decide.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 3:53:29 PM

Go look at some benchmarks. If op has a cheap 300w psu then the 7750 would do as no psu uo ograde.would be required. If op already has a psu that can support a 5770 then that would be the best bet.
If he was asking for system recommendations I.wouldnt be suggesting a card only but his only queston is what card at cheapest can run max. OP I direct you to an article on the toms homepage with a.list of cards for diablo 3.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 3:59:31 PM

HD6770.
m
l
May 13, 2012 4:09:42 PM

The 6770 and 7770 are prices are close where I'm from - is the difference in GPU power enough for me to get a 7770?

Does the 6790 come into play at all?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 4:18:02 PM

The 6790 and 7770 are around the same range but the 7770 is pricier yes draws less.power.
The 6790 is a good mid ranged.card
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:12:38 PM

I might suggest you simply read the Tom's Hardware article/guide regarding the best GPU for your money. Here is the link: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

Additionally, there is no reason for some of the somewhat dismissive - verging on 'trolling' retorts within this small thread. While easy to formulate they add nothing to discussion and serve only to infect the forum(s).
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:14:42 PM

yeah... well all I can say is read the guide (^1 above, but only for hte guide bit :p ) ... and if 7770 is on the menu.. well then what about the 7850
m
l
May 13, 2012 5:34:49 PM

Got Milk said:
I might suggest you simply read the Tom's Hardware article/guide regarding the best GPU for your money. Here is the link: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

Additionally, there is no reason for some of the somewhat dismissive - verging on 'trolling' retorts within this small thread. While easy to formulate they add nothing to discussion and serve only to infect the forum(s).

I must ask, where did you get the name gotmilk? It was my wow name for many years as well on 3 or 4 other forums

Interesting :D 
m
l
May 13, 2012 6:05:00 PM

6790 is a bad idea, it's a 6870 with disabled pieces that were not functional in the unit. Stay away from it, imo.

6770 is better than a 550ti, so definitely go with ati over nvidia here.
*770 should do you just fine for many games, in addition to diablo.
m
l
May 13, 2012 8:04:15 PM

Its difficult to say at this point without the full game out and just the beta to go on, I own several different computers at many different levels of performance and the beta (probably full game too) takes some fps drops in large fights, they are major drops on computers with weaker CPUs, notably dual cores. This is alleviated by turning physics from high to low. So when we talk about GPUs and "high settings" we should exclude the physics option as that's calculated by the CPU.

What card is the minimum for high settings depends on what you find as playable, some people are ok with going down to 30 fps, whereas people like myself need 50+ fps or it feels choppy. Because diablo 3 can have so much going on at once I think people under-estimate how much performance is needed, based on my experience with most of the ranges of gaming parts and the d3 beta, my recommendation for the cheapest smooth play for high settings would be a 6850 or equivalent for 1080p.
m
l
May 13, 2012 8:45:48 PM

SystemOnChipGod said:
That's Hilarious All these post, NOT A ONE right. Upgrade to a xfx 6670 2gb for 85 bucks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and you'll be able to play on high resolution at 1920x1080 with 27-39 fps(perfect for low cost/power gaming)
Trust me I've read all the D3 benchmarks ect. This way it's more enjoyable for you, and you don't lag if we meet :p 

Look for yourself http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performa...

Dude seriously? Please do us the courtesy of reading the posts... I am sure you have an opinion, but that doesn't make you right and the rest of the world wrong..

this is forum... there is no right answer.... its a reason its called best answer (if you ever get it) it is because you give the op a choice and your reasons, and he sees if it 'best 'fits his needs...
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 8:49:05 PM

SystemOnChipGod said:
That's Hilarious All these post, NOT A ONE right. Upgrade to a xfx 6670 2gb for 85 bucks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and you'll be able to play on high resolution at 1920x1080 with 27-39 fps(perfect for low cost/power gaming)
Trust me I've read all the D3 benchmarks ect. This way it's more enjoyable for you, and you don't lag if we meet :p 

Look for yourself http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performa...

It's hilarious that you're trying to troll. 27 fps is NOT playable. Especially that it was benchmarked in beta, and there wasn't any big fights in there. Trust me, the fps will drop once you start getting better abilities with more animations, and play on higher difficulty too (more mobs on screen).
m
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 8:52:02 PM

psirohi said:
Dude seriously? Please do us the courtesy of reading the posts... I am sure you have an opinion, but that doesn't make you right and the rest of the world wrong..

this is forum... there is no right answer.... its a reason its called best answer (if you ever get it) it is because you give the op a choice and your reasons, and he sees if it 'best 'fits his needs...

i'll agree it was a little crass and rude but since the OP asked "Cheapest graphics card to max Diablo 3"

he does have a point if the OP isn't worried about LOW FRAME RATES :lol: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 13, 2012 9:18:06 PM

when i played the beta, i played maxed settings and locked FPS @ 60.

my GPU wasn't even under a full load. (5770 @ 1680x1050)
m
l
May 13, 2012 9:27:31 PM

internetswag said:
at 1080p

I used my 5770 in the beta. No lag at all, aside from brief choppy period of 5 seconds which I think might be my cpu(3x phenom II)'s fault. It worked fine on max.
m
l
May 14, 2012 4:41:34 AM

Just passing through, and excuse me being off topic but Got Milk were you a shaman?
m
l
May 14, 2012 4:41:46 AM

Anonymous said:
i'll agree it was a little crass and rude but since the OP asked "Cheapest graphics card to max Diablo 3"

he does have a point if the OP isn't worried about LOW FRAME RATES :lol: 
http://media.bestofmicro.com/F/S/336232/original/high%201920.png

Like other on here, I run a 5770, it was in no way stressed during the beta. A 6670 is the right answer to his question. People that think there are multiple right answers to a question are those who can't math out the answer. The universe is defined in 0s and 1s what isn't and what is, it is a rational chain and there are logical paths. Whether you'd like to percieve one is up to you but computer questions with the words "best/cheapest" usually have 1 right answer. Unless there is price ranges in which giving multiple choices is then the correct course.
m
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 4:48:37 AM

stay away from the brown acid! :pfff: 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 5:01:56 AM

SystemOnChipGod said:
Like other on here, I run a 5770, it was in no way stressed during the beta. A 6670 is the right answer to his question. People that think there are multiple right answers to a question are those who can't math out the answer. The universe is defined in 0s and 1s what isn't and what is, it is a rational chain and there are logical paths. Whether you'd like to percieve one is up to you but computer questions with the words "best/cheapest" usually have 1 right answer. Unless there is price ranges in which giving multiple choices is then the correct course.

Your definition of maxing out is broken. I could say that 5 year old card can max out diablo 3 at 5 fps, however, it won't be true - it won't be playable. It won't be playable with HD 6670 either, so yea, it won't be maxing out Diablo 3. Remember, 5770 is about twice as powerful as 6670. Now go troll elsewhere.
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:19:36 AM

SystemOnChipGod said:

What the minimum playable fps is, is subjective. Therefor what card someone needs to get the for the cheapest price varies from person to person. For example I've read that as low as 20 fps is considered playable by some. Lucky them, they dont have to spend much to enjoy their games. 20 fps is like playing a slideshow to me.

About the 5770(6770) running the game as good as a 6850, if it seems too good to be true, its probably too good to be true. We run into this in science where a statistical anomaly causes us to scratch our heads and the great majority of the time after lots of replications and experimenting it was a error produced by some mundane means. It's possible I suppose its not some kind of error, but I wouldnt bet money on it.
m
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:06:19 AM

no need to confuse op just go ahead and buy an hd 6770.:) 
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:13:48 AM

anti-painkilla said:
Just passing through, and excuse me being off topic but Got Milk were you a shaman?

Yes, Tauren.
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:17:01 AM

sunnk said:
no need to confuse op just go ahead and buy an hd 6770.:) 

This.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 12:53:07 PM

As already pointed out by other members a gtx 460 or 6770 will do it. OP did say 'max' the game and running at 30FPS is not max. Highest graphic detail at the refresh rate of the monitor is maxed.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 3:18:36 PM

Wow so all this just for everyone to agree with my first post
m
l
May 15, 2012 1:18:04 PM

I just finish playing it and I can tell you that my 550ti 2gb version from evga run d3 very smoothly with shadows and AA off only ..the rest was on ..I'm tempted to put everything on ...so see how it goes ...but I dont care about shadows ..maybe AA really the game will play I think even on my 440 GT galaxy card ...with some things turned off ..
m
l
May 15, 2012 2:48:23 PM

Err what are u doing here rglaredo! Go forth and click to Tristan.

Don't rub it in for those of us who have jobs to grind before we get to D3
m
l
May 15, 2012 3:40:16 PM

I'm at work ...I woke up early (5am) to play for a bit lol ok not that bit lol .....( ...I just wanted to reserve the names mostly lol)
m
l
!