HELP!!! (CPU, GPU or MoBo) System crashes on starting ME3.

ayaan80

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Guys my PC is only 1 yr old.
When I start ME3/Alpha Protocol the PC crashes within 10 mins (Maybe due to failsafe as my GPU is bad :pfff: ).
But the older games like Hitman, Splinter Cell all work fine.
Recently the fans make too much noise, so I cleaned them nicely. But still no effect!
I am ready to upgrade my GPU. But if there is any other problem please tell.

PC specs:
AMD Phenom X4 Black Edition 955
4 GB DDr3 RAM
1 GB XFX Radeon 4350 HD
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2

Other Info
System:

GPU:

MoBo:

M not good with hardware but have little knowledge. So pls help.
P.S.: I am considering 5570, 5450, 6670 or 5670 for upgradation (Suggest).

Solution
What model PSU? Sometimes if a Power supply cannot give enough power to a card, you will get this sort of situation where games that take less GPU power will run but once you put the card under more load, they freeze up. Because of the particulars you described, this is the first thing i would look at.

System Freezes can also sometimes be the cause of faulty ram. If you run http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html for several passes and come back with any errors, it means you have a bad stick of ram. You would need to test each stick 1 at a time to find which one it is, or better yet, just replace the whole kit with a new kit.

How did you determine you have a bad GPU? Just out of curiousity.

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
What model PSU? Sometimes if a Power supply cannot give enough power to a card, you will get this sort of situation where games that take less GPU power will run but once you put the card under more load, they freeze up. Because of the particulars you described, this is the first thing i would look at.

System Freezes can also sometimes be the cause of faulty ram. If you run http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html for several passes and come back with any errors, it means you have a bad stick of ram. You would need to test each stick 1 at a time to find which one it is, or better yet, just replace the whole kit with a new kit.

How did you determine you have a bad GPU? Just out of curiousity.

Solution