Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hey Guys!

my PC:
Cpu: Athlon II x3 445 3.1 Ghz
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherload: M4N68T

I don't know if I should upgrade CPU or my Graphicscard?

I've just started playing CS:GO
But when I play my fps drops a lot, especially when there are lots of players at one time or lots of action at one time(shown on my screen).

I play with 800x600
with the lowest settings

and the fps is around:

100-150fps : when running around!
50fps : when I'm on a deathmatch server! or when 4+ players is attacking aroung

I would like to run with:
resolution: 1024x768
With highest settings.

with stable fps on 150 fps or highere

BTW I would like to keep the budget as low as possible!

TY for your time!

You clearly haven't met many CounterStrike framerate junkies. There are people that consider anything less than 300FPS in the original CounterStrike unplayable, mostly because framerates lower than that mess up their bunnyhopping or something like that. It doesn't matter to them if their display can only show them 60FPS, they insist that they need 300FPS or the timing for their bunnyhops gets messed up.

In response to the OP's reply, at resolutions that low, I'm not sure if you would benefit all that much from a better graphics card. A better CPU may help a bit, but unless you can find a Phenom II X4 or X6, there aren't really any upgrade options for you with your current motherboard.

I'd suggest cranking up the resolution as high as your display will allow, and try high settings, and see what framerates you get. I don't think you are using your GPU to its full potential at 800x600 on low. If you can maintain 50 to 60 FPS, just be happy with that. If the game really struggles at a higher resolution, maybe consider a newer graphics card. Be aware that any really worthwhile upgrade over the 5770 is probably going to be in the $130 to 150 ballpark at minimum.

LOL no i have not. What he said! Do not bother upgrading for such a low spec game.