Uninstalled Graphic card Drivers, now unable to install a newer versio

SpecialK_22

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hey everyone viewing this thread. I have recently discovered my games, have been rather differing in color and been lagging. I've fixed this before last year, re-newing my graphic card drivers without a problem. Now I have an issue trying to install/download newer ones.
I use Windows XP 64-bit, and it's a separate component from Ubuntu Mint. I tried to install Wine for Ubuntu, though I been having issues with that.
Anyways before I go into further detail with that. I have Nvidia GeForce cards, 420 series.
Something like that, that's all the information I know to be honest. As of now I was thinking about restarting my computer, not so sure about how that'll help it out and yes I have tried downloading it several times.

SpecialK_22

Honorable
May 13, 2012
You cant install the drivers in Windows or Linux ?
Tried registry cleaner?
what exactly did you do ?

Not sure how to really explain, but I followed a step-by-step here:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0
This is the same step I used last year and it worked perfectly.

This is the error message I received; Nvidia installer cannot continue
"This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
This is the first it ever did this, I wrote information down from last year(still looking for it)

SpecialK_22

Honorable
May 13, 2012
and Can you install the older drivers?
Chances are It's just registry issues. Run Registry Cleaners, see if that helps.

Ok thanks, I'll see what happens then.
I just am a little surprised and don't want anything to go wrong after this, and to get our friend to fix our computer again.