Sign in with
Your question

GPU Voltage in bios

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2012 12:49:25 AM

My computer keeps restarting at "Starting Windows" with no sort of BSOD even when auto restart is disabled.

Looking in my BIOS I see that all other components have power going to them, but it says the GPU is at 0.000 V.

Is this a problem? Does the GPU not get power until Windows starts? The fan on the card is spinning so I know its getting some power.

More about : gpu voltage bios

a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 1:54:12 AM

I don't know what voltage the BIOS is referring to but this is almost certainly not the cause of your problem. As a first step if running Windows XP I would enter recovery console and perform chkdsk /r If windows 7 perform the startup diagnostics.
May 14, 2012 2:47:33 AM

Did not work unfortunately, still the same problem
Related resources
March 21, 2013 2:02:11 PM

It is just AI suit and the CPU you are using, i owned the Maximus IV Extreme-Z board for little over a year now with the i5 2500k, never had the issue, just installed a 3570k and the issue started, remove ai suite all together... not the best answer but it is not like ai suit is the best anyways.
March 14, 2014 11:30:29 AM

Thought I would come back and update this. Turned out a stick of RAM was faulty. I tried starting while swapping out each stick one by one and finally found the one which wasn't working.
!