Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New Build just purchased.

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 6, 2012 9:00:17 PM

Hello i am looking for feedback on the parts i just purchased i feel i made a wise decision based on my budget of $410 plus i will be receiving a $20 rebat making it $390. P.S i know i need a graphics card for hardcore gaming. free to suggest one if necessary lol

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

More about : build purchased

a c 280 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 10:31:36 PM

You should come here before purchasing. That case and PSU combo was definitely not a wise purchase - Xion cases are absolute crap, as are most of the PSUs included with them. Biostar makes OK motherboards - I'd go for Gigabyte or Asus personally.
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 10:47:01 PM

g-unit1111 said:
You should come here before purchasing. That case and PSU combo was definitely not a wise purchase - Xion cases are absolute crap, as are most of the PSUs included with them. Biostar makes OK motherboards - I'd go for Gigabyte or Asus personally.


I did come here and got some great advice. This is where i had my brain changed into buying Intel! lol. However it took me a couple of days to get funds swapped over to my bank account and the prices on a few things changed and the reviews i read on the Gigabyte mobo i was going to buy were not favorable over the one i bought. I chose the Case purely on budget with the fact that it came with the 500W PSU. I also paid $1 dollar for a $20 dollar cash back check+ a $20 cash back voucher for my next order from some deal TigerDirect.com is offering through a 3rd party. It sounded shady but i talked to the lady for like 30 minutes making sure i was going to pay only $1 only today for the $40 cash vouchers as long as i cancelled within the 30 day period of whatever program its called. So basically with that cash back i can buy another PSU or more RAM if need be or save it for GPU. I love this forum and will definitely report back letting you guys know the progress. If the mobo is crap i will suffice until i buy another one, but from the reviews i read its the best for the budget price i was confined to which was $100-$120 which i posted a thread on earlier but only got one reply and it wasnt a favorable mobo either from the reviews i read.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 6, 2012 10:48:39 PM

g-unit1111 said:
You should come here before purchasing. That case and PSU combo was definitely not a wise purchase - Xion cases are absolute crap, as are most of the PSUs included with them. Biostar makes OK motherboards - I'd go for Gigabyte or Asus personally.



P.S R.I.P MCA. Great avatar pic. Love the Beastie Boys!
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 280 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 10:55:57 PM

carlwinslo said:
I did come here and got some great advice. This is where i had my brain changed into buying Intel! lol. However it took me a couple of days to get funds swapped over to my bank account and the prices on a few things changed and the reviews i read on the Gigabyte mobo i was going to buy were not favorable over the one i bought. I chose the Case purely on budget with the fact that it came with the 500W PSU. I also paid $1 dollar for a $20 dollar cash back check+ a $20 cash back voucher for my next order from some deal TigerDirect.com is offering through a 3rd party. It sounded shady but i talked to the lady for like 30 minutes making sure i was going to pay only $1 only today for the $40 cash vouchers as long as i cancelled within the 30 day period of whatever program its called. So basically with that cash back i can buy another PSU or more RAM if need be or save it for GPU. I love this forum and will definitely report back letting you guys know the progress. If the mobo is crap i will suffice until i buy another one, but from the reviews i read its the best for the budget price i was confined to which was $100-$120 which i posted a thread on earlier but only got one reply and it wasnt a favorable mobo either from the reviews i read.


Yeah that's the biggest problem is that those cases that come with built in PSUs are usually flat out junk and they're not certified or rated. You might want to read this about PSUs: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-psu-re...
Share
July 6, 2012 11:12:41 PM

I have alot to learn but unfortunately my patience wore kinda thin after like 7 days of non stop researching. This is my first build and i didnt have a great budget but i eventually said "lets buy the goods before time eats my brain away" I have a PC that i have had for like 15 years and it runs a Sempron with onboard graphics lol. I have lived in the Archaic ages of technology which is why i did so much research before i bought. I think the forums here made a great difference in my decision making and i may have made a mistake or two on the case/PSU and/or the mobo. I am just ready to get this thing built to test my mettle and learn from my mistakes. If by chance it is crap i deserve it for being impatient. Although i consider myself to have great patience on purchasing anything over $100. However my CPU (sempron) lol is about to finally crap out and i am ready to step up and swing the bat. Just pray i dont strike out. I practiced alot. Sorry for all the analogies. lol
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 11:46:36 PM

I did some research and waited until the right daily deal came along. I got all this online for around $280.

G850
Biostar H61MLC 1155 microATX board
Roswell Matx case
Roswell 450w psu
8 Gigs Gskills Ripjaws DDR3 1333
Seagate Baracuda 500 gigs

Then I went on craigslist and got an Evga GTX 550ti for $45. As someone whom hasn't built a computer for myself in many years I feel like this was an insane upgrade for a reasonable price. Pretty sure now that the bottleneck is the hard drive and lack of options on the motherboard.

Edit for errors.
m
0
l
July 7, 2012 12:26:45 AM

funions said:
I did some research and waited until the right daily deal came along. I got all this online for around $280.

G850
Biostar H61MLC 1155 microATX board
Roswell Matx case
Roswell 450w psu
8 Gigs Gskills Ripjaws DDR3 1333
Seagate Baracuda 500 gigs

Then I went on craigslist and got an Evga GTX 550ti for $45. As someone whom hasn't built a computer for myself in many years I feel like this was an insane upgrade for a reasonable price. Pretty sure now that the bottleneck is the hard drive and lack of options on the motherboard.

Edit for errors.



that was my main concern. Having the upgradable mobo was a must as i am purchasing mainly for a CPU and mobo to upgrade as my budget increases. I can see my build being highly expandable in the future. Like i said i can buy more RAM a better PSU and even a better mobo if need be. My first purchase will be a good GPU and see how it all runs stock for me and if it isnt enough then i will make purchases down the road but for now it sounds like a huge upgrade for me.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 12:32:23 AM

Best answer selected by carlwinslo.
m
0
l
!