Would My FPS Improve With A i5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
It would depend on the game, what settings you play, and other factors. Chances are that there's be a difference, but you'd probably be better off just overclocking that 8120 anyway. You'd have to spend a lot of money on an i5 and motherboard when you could simply keep what you have and overclock, maybe with a cheap CPU cooler if yours isn't good enough.
It would depend on the game, what settings you play, and other factors. Chances are that there's be a difference, but you'd probably be better off just overclocking that 8120 anyway. You'd have to spend a lot of money on an i5 and motherboard when you could simply keep what you have and overclock, maybe with a cheap CPU cooler if yours isn't good enough.

Solution

Devastater6194

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

You'd see a bigger improvement by using that money on a second 6870 or a GTX 670/ HD 7970.

vinaykumar5320

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

Not Really... You won't see a big Improvement in the framerates.

Since, most of the games' performance is dependant on GPU, rather than CPU, it will be wise if you invest in a Good GPU (at least HD 7850).

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
You would see an increase in fps yes, but most games today are fine with cpu, it is the gpu that is maxing out. If you get a second 6870 you will see a large increase in performance though that is assuming you have a PSU to hand crossfire and a mono w/2x pci 16x expansion slots and also that the game support crossfire. But you will see a larger fps gain for less is you get a second 6870.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

I got another one but I sold it because major shuttering on ultra for battlefield 3, because it seems it was a RAM issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.