Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics Cards
  • Apple
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
May 14, 2012 2:54:30 AM

What adapter is needed to use an apple cienama disply 27 inch on a pc with an asus 7870 video card, has standard disply port, dvi, hdmi. Anyone have any suggestions on the best adapter, money not an issue, using a thunderbolt on my Mac mini, would like to add a second monitor for my newly built pc extreme

Thanks
Richard parker

More about : apple cinema display run radeon 7870 video card

May 21, 2012 1:40:58 AM

Thanks for the email heads up, was not on my mind at the time and besides of all people whole should know...it's me, thanks also for your answer. I have a mini disply port on my video card too, already gave it a shot on my thunderbolt 27" straight up and it did not pick it up, really did not think it would because the card does not have the thunderbolt io, just a mini disply port. Tried using the dvi display adapter too on the mini and it too would not work, so to play it safe, I went ahead and bought the next best thing, the dell ultra sharp isc 27" monitor instead about the same price anyway. I really wanted the monitors to look the same and function the same, webcam and all, so just going the safer route ordered a new Cisco router with aps 450+450, Logitech webcamHD. Someday I am going to give it a try to to see one of these days, but the sharp should be a good choice, 6ms respond time better than the TB 12ms anyway, both are ICS monitors, great specs just going to eat me for awhile, thanks for the reply though, I appreciate any poster that tries to lend a hand, even us retired it Gus have problems. Thanks again
m
l