Multiple video cards/monitors

I'm having problems with the multiple monitor feature in XP MCE. The video
card that came with my computer was an ATI Radeon X300 PCIEx16. I purchased
another video card, an nVidia GeForce Fx5500 PCI and installed it into one of
the PCI slots. Installed in my remaining PCI slot is a TV tuner card. For
the life of me, I cannot get the PCI card to work with the PCIE card. I can
get them each to work seaparately but not in tandem. Can someone assist me
with this issue? kev4956@yahoo.com
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple video cards monitors

    The ATI card is one of the new PCIe (express) cards and the nVidia is not.
    My guess is that is causing the problem. You will have to read the
    motherboard manual and verify compatibility.

    "Kev4956" <Kev4956@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the multiple monitor feature in XP MCE. The
    > video
    > card that came with my computer was an ATI Radeon X300 PCIEx16. I
    > purchased
    > another video card, an nVidia GeForce Fx5500 PCI and installed it into one
    > of
    > the PCI slots. Installed in my remaining PCI slot is a TV tuner card.
    > For
    > the life of me, I cannot get the PCI card to work with the PCIE card. I
    > can
    > get them each to work seaparately but not in tandem. Can someone assist
    > me
    > with this issue? kev4956@yahoo.com

    ATI and NVidia do *not* co-exist well. Pick one vendor or the other.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Kev4956" <Kev4956@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the multiple monitor feature in XP MCE. The
    > video
    > card that came with my computer was an ATI Radeon X300 PCIEx16. I
    > purchased
    > another video card, an nVidia GeForce Fx5500 PCI and installed it into one
    > of
    > the PCI slots. Installed in my remaining PCI slot is a TV tuner card.
    > For
    > the life of me, I cannot get the PCI card to work with the PCIE card. I
    > can
    > get them each to work seaparately but not in tandem. Can someone assist
    > me
    > with this issue? kev4956@yahoo.com

    If you have the PCI card on the first PCI slot (next to the PCIE one) then
    put it on a lower once since some motherboards have a technical problem with
    this....

    "Kev4956" <Kev4956@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the multiple monitor feature in XP MCE. The
    > video
    > card that came with my computer was an ATI Radeon X300 PCIEx16. I
    > purchased
    > another video card, an nVidia GeForce Fx5500 PCI and installed it into one
    > of
    > the PCI slots. Installed in my remaining PCI slot is a TV tuner card.
    > For
    > the life of me, I cannot get the PCI card to work with the PCIE card. I
    > can
    > get them each to work seaparately but not in tandem. Can someone assist
    > me
    > with this issue? kev4956@yahoo.com

Configuration PCI Graphics Cards Monitors Windows XP