Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I5 3470 or i5 3570 (both no K)

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 16, 2012 5:34:55 AM

Spoiler
Im currently deciding on my new gaming rig.

Is the extra 0.2GHZ offered by the 3570 worth the extra cash?

Would there be a noticeable difference?

And I intend to pair it with the Asrock B75M-DGS.

Thanks!



UPDATE:

Decided to choose i5 3570 (non k), which mobo should I use together with it then?

I was thinking of using Asus P8Z77-V- LX

More about : 3470 3570

a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 5:58:17 AM

nope. won't affect your performance much. (1-3 fps??? maybe???)

but you might as well as get it... since the socket is dead and you might want to get as much as you can without having to upgrade in the future.
Score
0
November 16, 2012 6:01:38 AM

There could be a difference in CPU bound games like Skyrim, Total War Shogun 2, etc. In games that are CPU bound the difference will be a few frames per 100mhz I think. See some reviews: although not specifically for your selected cpu - but see how the GHZ can affects the FPS slightly on the 4 cores.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-...
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 6:09:59 AM

For non-k versions, you should always select the one with higher Stock Clock.
But 20$ for 200 MHz is not justified.
But, then, if you can, you should.
Score
0
November 16, 2012 6:26:43 AM

Thanks for the advice! :) 

As for the motherboard, which should I use? Asus P8Z77-V PRO or Asus P8Z77-V- LX for the 3570 (non k)?

I personally would go for Asus P8Z77-V- LX

Or do you have any better suggestions?
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 6:29:39 AM

tang63 said:
Thanks for the advice! :) 

As for the motherboard, which should I use? Asus P8Z77-V PRO or Asus P8Z77-V PRO for the 3570 (non k)?

Or do you have any better suggestions?


neither. you don't need a overclocking motherboard (z77 chipset) for a non overclocking cpu.

The 1155 socket is dead (intel not releasing any more processors after ivy bridge on it) so there's no point in getting a overclocking motherboard with no cpu to grade to (upgrading to a i5 3570k from i5 3570 isn't worth it down the road...)

You can get a H77 chipset or something similar and save the money for future upgrades.

This one's pretty good. (assuming you want a ATX motherboard and not something smaller)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
November 16, 2012 6:33:48 AM

killerhurtalot said:
neither. you don't need a overclocking motherboard (z77 chipset) for a non overclocking cpu.

The 1155 socket is dead (intel not releasing any more processors after ivy bridge on it) so there's no point in getting a overclocking motherboard with no cpu to grade to (upgrading to a i5 3570k from i5 3570 isn't worth it down the road...)

You can get a H77 chipset or something similar and save the money for future upgrades.

This one's pretty good. (assuming you want a ATX motherboard and not something smaller)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Like the Asus P8Z77-M?

I'm not very good with mobo. any suggestions?

Any big diff between the brands asus and asrock? I understand that asrock is slightly cheaper.

Thanks for suggesting the asrock H77 :D  I think I will stick with that.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 6:40:21 AM

tang63 said:
Like the Asus P8Z77-M?

I'm not very good with mobo. any suggestions?

Any big diff between the brands asus and asrock? I understand that asrock is slightly cheaper.


Well, Asus owns Asrock (as one of its subsidiaries) and they're pretty similar in quality. But ya. Asrock is usually cheaper for the same features.
Score
0
November 16, 2012 6:41:14 AM

Best answer selected by tang63.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 6:41:23 AM

killerhurtalot said:
Well, Asus owns Asrock (as one of its subsidiaries) and they're pretty similar in quality. But ya. Asrock is usually cheaper for the same features.

asus does NOT own asrock!
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 6:49:30 AM

Anonymous said:
asus does NOT own asrock!


Ya they do. They wanted to create a lower end motherboard company (to compete with foxconn) so they spun off Asrock...

Asrock is owned by Pegatron corporation.

Entry under wikipedia on Pegatron corporation:
Pegatron was incorporated on June 27, 2007 as a subsidiary of its then parent company, Asustek (or more commonly known as its brand name "Asus").[8] Asustek wanted to increase its competitiveness by dividing its business into specialized work forces and establishing separate companies for each business unit. Pegatron was formed as a design and manufacturing service provider of computer-related products that had previously been operated by Asustek.
In January 2010, Pegatron's then parent company Asustek announced a plan to spin off and to transfer its long term equity investment in Pegatron to its wholly owned subsidiary, Pegatron International Investment Co., Ltd. On June 10, 2010, Pegatron merged with Pegatron International, and Pegatron has since been the surviving spin off independent company.[9]

Pretty much Asrock was created by Asus, then Asus decided to spin it off to their own subsidiary Pegatron, then now they're trying to incorporate it back into the main company of Asustek.



And unless you don't consider subsidiary companies a part of the main company that owns it, then yes. AsRock is not a part of Asus.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 7:03:26 AM

following a paper trial to where the money came from in the beginning is one thing but when each company has its own separate board of directors, then they are separate.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 1:45:47 PM

Anonymous said:
following a paper trial to where the money came from in the beginning is one thing but when each company has its own separate board of directors, then they are separate.


if it's a subsidiary... then even if there's a board of directors, there is no autonomy... since the board of directors is likely to to be filled with the same people in many seats..
Score
0
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 2:14:43 PM

separate board of directors meaning separate people . . . . . .
Score
0
a c 101 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 2:36:44 PM

killerhurtalot said:
neither. you don't need a overclocking motherboard (z77 chipset) for a non overclocking cpu.

They can still overclock a little bit - 400 MHz (that's twice the difference between the 3570 and the 3470).

So what you can do is get a cheap overclocking motherboard that wouldn't really be good for a major overclock, but which will happily give you those extra few hundred MHz. The cheaper Z75/Z77 boards don't really cost noticeably more than H77 boards (B75 tends to be that bit cheaper, but with a lesser featureset in return).

For example, the Asrock Z75 Pro3 which costs... exactly the same as the H77 Pro4/MVP:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
0
!