These mods still popular?

Are the mods Forgotten Hope, Eve of Destruction, and Pirates still popular
mods for BF 1942? Haven't been playing BF 1942 much lately but am getting
back into it and was wondering if I should even bother installing these? I
do not recall if they were only single player or multi.
5 answers Last reply
More about these mods popular

    Mark G. wrote:
    > Are the mods Forgotten Hope, Eve of Destruction, and Pirates still popular
    > mods for BF 1942? Haven't been playing BF 1942 much lately but am getting
    > back into it and was wondering if I should even bother installing these? I
    > do not recall if they were only single player or multi.

    FH is VERY popular, EOD 0.4 is out now for both BF1942 and BFV,
    and has a good following. Pirates has a good following , and is very
    popular when the release an upgrade, then falls back a bit.

    Battlefield 1918 still has his fans...

    --
    ATH0 und weg... *wusch* StS Step5
    Step5's Homepage| http://www.step5.de

    Mark G. wrote:
    > Are the mods Forgotten Hope, Eve of Destruction, and Pirates still popular
    > mods for BF 1942? Haven't been playing BF 1942 much lately but am getting
    > back into it and was wondering if I should even bother installing these? I
    > do not recall if they were only single player or multi.

    You might want to check out the Norwegian Resistance mod (requires FH)
    which was recently released;
    http://www.norwegianresistance.com/

    Very good maps (so far) - try it on this server:
    BF #5 Norw. Res.
    Game: Battlefield 1942
    Mod: Norwegian Resistance

    IP: 213.112.33.95
    DNS: nr.battlefield.no
    Game Port: 14567

    --
    Bo
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Mark G." <Askmefirst@comcast.net> wrote in

    > Are the mods Forgotten Hope, Eve of Destruction, and Pirates still
    > popular mods for BF 1942? Haven't been playing BF 1942 much lately but
    > am getting back into it and was wondering if I should even bother
    > installing these? I do not recall if they were only single player or
    > multi.

    Try http://dontcamp.com/. The server normally runs DCF, but has regular
    "tactical events" which often involve niche mods. You need to sign up for
    the event the week before it occurs and get assigned to a squad. Make sure
    you have TeamSpeak. TS users get priority on this server and others will be
    kicked to make room.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Heard FH Is very good. Right now I am playing the XWW2 Mod which alot
    of people are saying is in the top when it comes to BF1942 Mods. The
    sound is 1000% Better and the realism is cranked up so that you would
    think its a totally different game. The devs actually made real looking
    fireball explosions with bomb drops and tanks on fire. Aside from that
    the idea of getting shot or shooting someone 3-4 times and they still
    are alive is history with ths mod which makes you play more like in
    real life situations.
    If you get hit here with a bullet you will die unless it's only the
    leg. The current version is 2.5 with map pack 1.6 that really overhauls
    some of the maps with many improvements and adds a dozen more.
    Check it out at www.xww2.com

Games Video Games