AMD FX6100 cpu

ASUS Socket AM3+SABERTOOTH
990FX with 4xPCI-Express2.0 for
nVidia QuadSLI or ATICrossFireX,DDR3 1866,
SATA 3 6Gb/s,and USB 3.0

Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI
Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE
power supple

I know I need a video/ graphics card ( have been searching for a list of ccompatable cards for 2 days can't find anything that tells me what will work on the motherboard.

If anyone can tell me where I can find that info I'd greatly appreicate it. If not and you have a recommendation thats great too. Please don't tell me Asus has the info on their site because if they do I sure can't find it anywhere.

I know I'll need a atx case, a HD, a DVDRW, a fan, maybe a card reader or a way to download pics from a cam. And a 64 bit op sys.
and memory

I play a few online games, Blitz, Farmville, nothing major. I do some graphic animations art work/ I want a computer that can actually do more than one thing at a time without taking for ever. I was given the cpu as a gift so I'm only in a little over 250.00. . I don't think 300.00 will but the rest of the parts so I don't want to spend any more money than I have to to put the beast together
Yes your right I never tried to put a computer together before so I sure these questions sound dumb to you, but hey at least I'm willing to learn. Thanks in advance
Anyone know a good places for cases without power supplies?

More about : video graphics cards

a c 84 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 7:59:01 AM

did you buy that fx 6100?if not then go with intel chips for better gaming and allover performance.:) 
m
l
a c 78 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:10:21 AM

Any PCIe card will work in that motherboard. really pretty much any PCIe card will work in any board with a PCIe slot. which means any modern card I. any modern board. Assuming the PSU can power it. As far as selecting one it depends on your use case and what the CPU wont bottleneck

Some other questions though since its not clear (to me). What parts do you have besides the CPU? That motherboard is s high end gaming board and way way more than what you need for "farmville". that PSU is.massive overkill unless you want to run two high end GPUs.

Sounds like your graphics needs are very low and those components don't match that. What programs do you use for graphics work? that may be an area you'd need a good gpu but otherwise your parts are out of line and way too expensive if you aren't going to game
m
l
Related resources
a c 80 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:10:30 AM

for your current specs (fx6100+990x mobo) - radeon hd 6850. something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
without knowing your general location, it is hard to recommend a place/website to purchase parts.
for basic online games, even a radeon hd 6770 would do.
m
l
a c 78 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:12:13 AM

sunnk said:
did you buy that fx 6100?if not then go with intel chips for better gaming and allover performance.:) 

Yay reading fail! He was given the CPU as a gift in the OP.

sorry couldn't help myself :)  I have them too LOL
m
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:18:05 AM

unksol said:
Yay reading fail! He was given the CPU as a gift in the OP.

sorry couldn't help myself :)  I have them too LOL

i fell like to lazy to read thats why i didnt saw btw thanks for correction friend.:) 
m
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 8:19:37 AM

hey get an hd 6850 as de5roy suggested its good enough.:) 
m
l
!